Seneca Seneca 10/7,8,9,10----

Ed I did really well in 115fow green and white spoons deep on the riggers for the lakers but also had a good rainbow bite yesterday fishing spoons 40to80 down deep deep flasher fly bite was good to. So guess I'm just saying fishing was pretty good haha but boy oh boy did it rain I was wetter then the fish!!! Good luck!!!

Joe

Thanks Joe.....you too Les..........

/

3 rods in the water at 8:30am  10/08/2013 ..........never moved a rod till a tad after 11am except to change spoons or clean weeds off................ then it was crazy fast for the next 1.5 hours........ nothing big , boxed one landlock at 18"  put back three small ones and lost one as big as the one I boxed or bigger.... lost two other fish also..... had NO fins clipped...............pick up ran ran back close to where I started , good marks in that area but could not get them to go earlier so............ ran spoons that were taking fish above but didn't move a rod again called it a day.............. kicker stalled out three times today .....working on it in the am..........pulling fuel pump and inline filter ....the going to Barretts again.............

...........got back from Barrett  ( should have called ahead ) Fran said he has never had to rebuilt one or knew of one going bad..............so replaced fuel filter and a section of gasline..........he thinks it maybe the anti-siphon line in fuel tank..............anyway wind is up some if it lays down later I'll give it a go..wawawa

Thanks Justin love to read yours also , don't know much about lake walleye but you sure DO :yes:  :yes:  :yes: ....

It laid down nice so I got ready and hit the water around 1:30ish.....big motor started better today.......ran kicker for over 2.5 hours without a stall ...... hope I got it now....if not I'll get the small tank I have in the barn ready just in case for next year........only picked up two dinks a laker and a landlock.........heard they were getting perch in 30 FOW today and I wanted to run the kicker longer so I worked in , increased leads from ball.......had one (or something ) peck at it again...... but no takers did see some fish on bottom in the 30' t0 35' range and some very small bait pods.........

Come on Ed your running out of time we are all waiting for that report with the last biggen of the year!!!!! And I will have the reports coming all winter my boat hits the lake in the snowy weather months as well as the sunny summer ones fish somewhere every weekend. Streams and or lakes, if you get cabin fever let me know the offer is their you may have to deal with that nick guy to though!! Haha

Joe , Justin....thanks a TON for the offer means a lot............

Ok I guess today will be the last for my boat from fish camp.......

Went down a little after 1 ....sat waiting for a two dudes to get boat out of the launch ( I'm picky by myself and like the right side as you face it got it down pretty good ).....finnally pull out ,  I start my turn to line up.....they stop blocking my approch......geeessshhhhh...... sencond dude get out and says JUST a minute......I say ( never mind you don't want to know ) I make a back up deal cut it again and good to go......they move a tad while I backing up..........boat off in the water now they have part of the road blocked to where you park the trailers...... I squeak thru say a few more choice words as I'm going by.........park truck start over to them to ask them if they can read the sign that said no parking here..............change my mind too pissed to do it right got Kinger and to the boat.....started hard again.............went out and northwest.........set up in 550' say some bait while I was getting thing down....circled back thru after a bit 61' rigger acts fishy.....pop it reel and stick,m   small brown......ran back thru one time looking for his daddy.....nothing........worked in and south......made a few spoon and depth changes ...... 71' rigger acts fishy ( same spoon as before just dropped it 10' deeper ) ....... land a 20.5" 4# brown........ make one swing back thru ......nothing...............keep working south.....WEED city..... clean thing up ......work down farther keep seeing good marks down around 95' and deeper ......pull deep rigger spoon rod replace with a dodger peanut rig that I can bang the bottom some............ gave it some time and now I have better than two hours in on the kicker and she running good so I head out deep in a area my brother Stan and I had 7 days of good fishing in one year................out deep now nothing going on so I pull and store one more rig now just the how spoon and one rigger.....putting things away and such turn the GPS off and put cover on it......look over at depthfinder and see a GOOD mark about 10' bellow my 71' rigger....say to self.....self that would be a dandy...... look back and rod is straight up no pressure......power reel in rodholder rod loads up I pull it out and stick'm...........good fight out of the water and it's got me wondering if it's bow and do I want to take a chance and hurt it...............get it closer to the boat and see it a salmon.....Oh ,YA baby we want you......scoop her up and box her with the brown.......23" 5# landlock to end it.................ran back in as I'm coming in to the shute big motor sound a little iffy so I come it a tad hotter than I like to help keeping it from stalling....stalled just at the right time got me to the launch....went to start it back up ran ruff and stalled out again................left it that way...............

c0279513-b42e-4a1b-ba80-2f7e566b94a1_zps

Ok now I'm going to share my brown trout killer plan............

001_zpsfb1d5804.jpg

Nice work Ed. Hey Joe i think Kinger just presses the (auto) buttons on the left and the reels automatically come in see how he is eyeing them....he's trying to get Ed into the hang of it too but it's tough :lol:

Way to go Ed!! Last trip for me on the Duke this weekend .... And as Joe said that is a great spoon in the pic.... Caught me a few on that one last month or so...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When I got it off Bob he said it was the first one he sold.......it was good for every thing....... the UV alfa alwife did it all on my last trip...... stopped posting spoon names after someone said ALL my posts were just promoting FLT....................thats

Kinger makes all the spoon selections anyway ....that's why he always has that smile on his face :lol:  He just gets Ed to pay for them...

Ed don't worry about the critics you aren't doing anything wrong by sharing what you use and whats wrong with supporting a business that produces a quality product that catches fish! I promote what I like too! You are a pro member and in my mind that gives you the right to advertise, though I don't feel that's your intention. I plug Rapala as that's what I use! Does Kinger have any walleye spoon choices? lol Personally a report without lure selection/color isn't that helpful to someone looking for help!

justin

Ed you have a PM ( I tried to send it to Kinger but he didn't reply) :lol:

Les

He told me talking at ONE OLE geezer is enoungh for him......sorry.....

Got the PM thanks.....

Baots in the barn now.......going back up today with Carol and Kinger to winterize the camp and come back ....going to be a lot of time on the road almost like fishing....NOT !!!!

• 4 months later...