New Rule about selling

I would have preferred for a seller to become a PRO member for LOU site. This way we can support LOU with additional income and at the same time, support our fellow fishermen whenever they are ready to part their gears or replace their gears with newer gizmos.

The reports section should be for pro only too.   This would keep lurkers from sucking info from the site without giving anything back. 

If you do that you might as well make it a paying members only website only and that would mean the end of this website because there will be no more paying advertizers to power this site

Edited by rolmops

Reports sections are and should be available to all members. "NOT PRO ONLY"

I agree.  I started coming here after seeing an article about the site in the local newspaper, stayed because most of the forums are so informative and eventually went Pro to support the site I continue to learn so much from.  I've made new friends through LOU whose company I enjoy and who have taught me much of the hands-on knowledge I've acquired in the past three seasons.  Probably wouldn't have happened if the Reports forum wasn't open. 

This site would not go anywhere. The reports section is the most abused section of this site. Tons of people read it and do not give one ounce of reports or useful info in return. The lurkers would still have access to the rest of the site.

I didn't mean to open a can o worms but how can anyone trust a person that comes in and wants to sell something, that has one or two posts?

About the "Fishing Reports". Our fishery has suffered from lack of interest by the younger & older crowds.

This is the best LO fishing website going.

As far as promoting, paying to see the fishing reports wouldn't help the fishery.

If I ever need to change my user name, its Can O Worms :lol:

This site would not go anywhere. The reports section is the most abused section of this site. Tons of people read it and do not give one ounce of reports or useful info in return. The lurkers would still have access to the rest of the site.

I've been thinking about putting reports in the "Pro" section of the site but then I'm not sure if I'll re-up for Pro next year .....no BIG advatage to it at all for the fingerlakes.

I didn't mean to open a can o worms but how can anyone trust a person that comes in and wants to sell something, that has one or two posts?

About the "Fishing Reports". Our fishery has suffered from lack of interest by the younger & older crowds.

This is the best LO fishing website going.

As far as promoting, paying to see the fishing reports wouldn't help the fishery.

If I ever need to change my user name, its Can O Worms :lol:

like I said

pay pal or in person transactions only

I thought this site was supposed to be helpfull to fellow fisherman. To be able to come on here, gain some info , and become a better fisherman,Find a good area,get a new method etc. Now you want to make them feel like they are doing something wrong   by  coming on here. These so called "lurkers"( love that word,sounds like a guy who peeks in bathroom windows) may wind up being good/better sportsman by reading whats on here. Thats a good thing in my book.

I've been thinking about putting reports in the "Pro" section of the site but then I'm not sure if I'll re-up for Pro next year .....no BIG advatage to it at all for the fingerlakes.

I thought this site was supposed to be helpfull to fellow fisherman. To be able to come on here, gain some info , and become a better fisherman,Find a good area,get a new method etc. Now you want to make them feel like they are doing something wrong   by  coming on here. These so called "lurkers"( love that word,sounds like a guy who peeks in bathroom windows) may wind up being good/better sportsman by reading whats on here. Thats a good thing in my book.

The site is supposed to be helpful to others, and if you read posts from guys like Ed, Sk8man, myself and many others in the fingerlakes you'll see we do our part.  Ive been thinking of moving my report to the pro side also because I feel if you want to read you should support the site.  I havent done it because Im trying to promote the states waters and the sport.  Even if you are new and learning you should be sharing your fishing reports too so we might learn something.  I get over 1000 views a week from people interested in walleye and tiger musky fishing, and many requests for help everyday which I do my best on, but yet there isn't anybody willing to put up a report, and when the do they don't even mention the name of the lake or any info on how the fish were caught.  Come on guys really....POST DECENT REPORTS if you enjoy reading them write them.  As far as selling stuff goes I don't use the site for that, but you should be a PRO member if you are selling stuff.  Has Been the lurker might end up being a better sportsman from what he read, but who does he help and you said it yourself isn't that what the site is about.... helping others!!!!  You say find a good area...how can anyone find a good area reading here when guys wont even name the lake!!!!  Ill pay the 20 to support the site, but you are right Ed there is no reason to other than to do the right thing.  Maybe if there was more dialog on the other side it would be more useful. 

justin

I'm a weekend warrior and come on to share my reports, learn some new things, and buy stuff. Why should I need to spend the $20 bucks to do that? IMO the pro "perks" aren't worth the money.

Edited by NickR

What is the criterion to be deemed a legitimate post on LOU? I'm fairly new member here. Patriot, what is your beef?

I've never gotten burned on a purchase here but I know that people have.

Its all about trust.

A few good posts WILL gain that trust.

I'm not pointing fingers but if a guy/gal comes on here and their first post is to sell something, I'm not going to buy from them. Then if someone has a few hundred posts and wants to sell something, now I feel comfortable with that.

I know a lot of the guys feel the same

I'm a weekend warrior and come on to share my reports, learn some new things, and buy stuff. Why should I need to spend the $20 bucks to do that? IMO the pro "perks" aren't worth the money.

Nick

I was referring to selling. I feel if you are selling you should pay to help support the site. Posting reports and learning is what this site is about. I know I appreciate reading good posts, good stories, and of course great pictures.

Thanks,

justin

Lol you're starting to sound like the government!!

There shouldn't be any kickbacks for sales. Classifieds on this site probably accounts for half of its traffic. Put a price tag on that and that traffic drops substantially.

A bad seller is a bad seller and so is a buyer. Whether you have a thousand posts or two it will not make a difference. I personally have not had a bad sell or buy. Mostly because I know who everyone is or know someone who knows who they are. I've bought stuff in here from all over the us. Even sold some to California and Florida. Point is. Not everything is legit. I'm a big big eBay fan and some deals go smooth. Others don't. It happens. Suck it up.... again, SUCK it UP!

Have a nice long winter...

Remember if you don't like it, leave no body is forcing anyone to he here.

LOU is the best thing going for good people and supported by good people.

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tons of people read it and do not give one ounce of reports or useful info in return.

You'd be surprised at the amount of charter captains up and down the Lake that lurk on the reports section. I was surprised to find out about a few of them. They didn't seem like internet kinda guys.