Any Scrapes yet.

fbg14619

Yes for sure . I hunt in unit 9P. Found 2 last Saturday hangin a new stand in the pouring rain and lightning. Not tore up yet but pawing around they do this often not just in fall. I am hunting tomorrow all afternoon with the old browning. Got some small game tips the squirrels are just swarming a couple of my stands gonna be warm....get out there and hunt the tree rats a great tune up

:)

Good luck to all this year!!

ive been out everyday. in 8f. seen. bucks scrapping rubbing trees. a few just tapping antlers, and a buddy had a buck running a doe all over last night!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Scraped 5 or 6 up off the i90 last nite. Got a good perch on the nosecone of the KW...spot lights too!..last deer cost 19,000 in repairs..ride for free!...hunt different states all in one night!

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Over the weekend I saw 7 different bucks all in good day light hours. 2 of them were making rubs and scrapes. Sunday morning even had 3 does comin srewing by me like I was in the middle of a drive during gun season. 1min later I heard a grunt and 2 bucks popd out looking for there girls. I couldn't believe it, they even spared for a while 20 yrds from me. One was a 1st rack 6 abd the other was a 2nd rack 8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Also 8A, like Rob said, random scrapes showing up, but also mid-size buck and doe feeding next to each other in a field like it's summer and BIG groups of doe still wandering together.

My place is torn up already..  scrapes and rubs everywhere.. 

Big bucks are already wound up...  grunting and chasing.. 

If you believe the moon plays a role, Alsheimer claims this is one of the "screwy" years and that things would be on early to some extent

My place is torn up already.. scrapes and rubs everywhere..

Big bucks are already wound up... grunting and chasing..

If you believe the moon plays a role, Alsheimer claims this is one of the "screwy" years and that things would be on early to some extent

He actually predicted that according to the moon phase it would be later then earlier. He said November 13th -21st would be peak. This is just goin off his tv show deer and deer hunting.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Last weekend there was some gentle chasing.  None this weekend.  If we extrapolate out 30 days from last weekend that would make first week in November the best time to be in the woods.....but that is the case every year.   Time of the year for the rut doesn't really change year-to-year, its the weather.  You would not want to go for a jog in a winter coat either so if it is warm...you just are not going to see a lot of daytime rutting activity.  I don't get too crazy with moon phases etc.  To me it is more simple, if the moon is out, the deer can see better and therefore can chase easier at night.  With a new moon, they can't see as well in the dark, so they are more likely to go lookin during daylight hours.  The moon does not directly have an influence like it does with werewolves IMO :)

I was hunting down near Scio on Saturday. I did not get a chance to do extensive scouting as I had to do some

farm chores to get hunting privileges but in the small walk I took while he was cutting corn on the tractor, I did find

two scrapes back in the woods. they were fresh but did not have a ton of activity. Did not find any smoking hot rubs, did find

some tine tickles on trees near the scrapes. Did not see any of the scrapes around field that you usually see either.

Helped put up a new ladder stand and hunted in it from 5-7. Deer came in to the corn at 6:45. Two does and two fawns.

Did not see any bucks.  Deer were very skittish but did walk directly past my stand at 18 yards. Does are off limits

on his farm though. He has  a ton of pictures of bears in and around the woods and eating his corn. He was hoping

I could get one of those out of there but all the bear pictures were well after dark and none of the bears came my way.

Edited by fbg14619

I hunted this weekend in 9N.  There were quite a few scrapes and a buck busted me while I was standing near one.  He came up the ridge behind my back and snorted while I was facing the other way.  Made me jump out of my boots!  I never got to see him though, just heard him bounding back down the bank and out.

There were scrapes all over the place, several lines.  My uncle watched a 6 point thrash on a tree for a while so the rubs are gonna show up soon as well if they aren't around already.

Lots of deer activity, but the wind was very swirly and tough to hunt.  FWIW, the deer activity did seem to line up with the solunar calendar.  Not sure yet if I believe in it but it has lined up pretty well so far for me.

It was an interesting mix this weekend. I saw bucks cruising while hiking with the family, but the small bucks were mixed in with large groups of does feeding on acorns Sunday evening. There were fresh scrapes everywhere we went. The cold weather this week should jump-start things...time to pull out the grunt.