Any Scrapes yet.

fbg14619

Plenty of scraping and rubs out here in 7J.

Tremendous beech nuts and apples, and the corn in the bottom we hunt will be shelled this year....yahoo!!!!!

Saw 3 bucks while in the stand Sunday afternoon, with one pushing a doe pretty hard.

No shots worth taking......yet.

After giving my 2 sets a short sit.... yes my back will let me have about 2 hours max. I pulled the cards off my cuddybacks. My property is showing no less than 7 bucks most of them 1.5 & 2.5 year olds. There's 1 decent 3 year old 8 pt. My other spot, that's a whole different game loads of coyotes and 3 majors including a 140-150 class 8 pt. and a 9 that is almost as big. When I check them again I'll download the pic's so you can tell me which you'd shoot. Scraps all over around me but not a lot of rubs.

Im down in northern NJ and this week it seems like the rut is in full swing. Def earlier then usual. Im tagged out but right now is the time to be in the woods. My son and I were just in the yard and I grabbed my grunt tube and a bleat can  and I hit the grunt about 3 times and tipped the can a few times and about 5 min later I hear the distinct sound of a deer hooves on dry leaves. Then a decent 8 comes walking right out of my quad trail on to my lawn. I love this time of year. Scrapes popping up all over this week too. I suspect in about a week or two the bucks will be locked down with the girls. Best time to sit all day is right now while they are on their feet. Good luck all!

Can't wait to park this truck in the driveway, bucks are running wild all over the highways. Wisconsin south to Kentucky and east down to west Virginia. Many greased in the roads...one gigantic buck 30 miles south of Nashville landed in the windshield of a KIA SOUL!..OUCH!

Home in 4 days then 2 weeks of hunting. Praying not to grill one on this truck!

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have hunted hard in 8F and as of last week no scrapes or rubs - I returned home and hunted 7A to find a new scrape by one of my stands - things look like they are just starting up

Really I hunt 8F as well and have had tons of rubs and several scrapes for the past week.

The scrapes are majority young bucks but the one rub was decent.

Here is a few photos the one of the young 6 point has a nice rub behind him.  We saw a monster one evening right next to this stand but nothing lately.

20131019_082738_zpsa9a09e77.jpg

20131019_075356_zpsa3879631.jpg

20131019_084821_zpscf55a553.jpg

20131019_084825_zps5346bfa2.jpg

20131019_084724_zps7e2ccf8c.jpg

20131019_073356_zps69b478f3.jpg

20131019_073344_zpsb39028d1.jpg

20131019_072117_zps1c489ffe.jpg

Edited by Chas0218

This afternoon was a bust for me. Not a single deer except 2 I blew off on the way in. Saw a funky 6 point this morning. Typical 8 point rack on one side and the other had double browtines 8" of his head.

Sent from my thinking chair...

2 4 pt's yesterday morning myself, could have killed one on them, and my son had a doe about 6-7 ft from him on the way in to the stand in the dark. Had to shoo it away, and he had a different 4 pt come by him about sunrise.

We have some dandy trail pics, and kinda wainting for them to show up.

The farm will have the all corn shelled by tommorrow afternoon, and might have to cheat out of the shop to be over there on Wednesday.

Counted a flock of 41 turkeys during yesterday evenings sit.

Friday night most of the bucks must have been out as soon as the wind died because there were scrapes EVERYWHERE without a leaf on them.  Their hangover kept them from moving in the rain until 2 pm.  Does moving am/evening.  Saturday saw 14 deer with one chase scene with a four point.  Shaved the back of a doe at 35 yards.  Amazing animals..I shoot one pin which allows my arrow to be 8" low at 30 yards.  With the drop of the deer I figure 8" is perfect so I hold dead on out to 30 yards and don't shoot any further.  This doe must have dropped two feet!  Enjoy the hair cut.....it will grow back.

I would add I am seeing Beech and Hickory nuts dropping.  In years past if I am not seeing big bucks they usually are hanging way back deep in the woods eating nuts.  Been watching deer walk thru food plots only to start eating beech nuts on the other side.  This time of year it is all about protein. 

Edited by Gill-T