Chataqua;10/12

I read that 9 fish were caught by 35 anglers. None of them were caught by me. Water was 62 in the morning and 65 by 5pm. Still pretty green for october. I raised three fish by 11am. One was about 200 yards north of the tower in 6fow. Next one i saw was in 6fow in irwins bay. Third one was next to a moored sailboat off point chataqua in 7fow. I caught a consolation bass there. All three fish came up to check out a black and white maribou double ten that i made. Not quite good enough to eat. After 11 i cast for 5 more hours and saw nothing.

bobjones.........spelling b......jones :P ....Thanks for that notification. Now, how many ways to spell "Allegheny"..... :speechless:      old man..... maybe a small dash of orange or red color on those homemade lures to trigger that xtra little tease ...?

Edited by panfisher

Nice report Old Man - thanks for sharing.  Cautauqha kicked our butts as well.  We had scrappy 30" fish at 8:00am in the morning that we lost boat side and then proceeded to wash lures the rest of the day.  Couldn't even manage to get a follow - fishing was definitely pretty slow that day.  Threw everything we had in the box at em' and no dice for our team.  That is just how musky fishing goes sometimes.

:lol:  Sometimes our fingers don't quite keep up with our brains (or visa versa ) :) either way no harm done....main thing is report results right?

ditto on the tough weekend at chuatarkwa. Fished fri/sat/sun there and got 3 fish (1 fish each day trolling).  Nada casting and of course did not catch a fish during the tourney.  Chose to skip the bbq/awards after the tourney to keep fishin and nailed one @ like 5:30pm.   pulled the boat early monday am to hit up another lake and did 2 more.  All fish were mid to upper 30"s.   Mostly beautiful weather though and nice to spend a long weekend on the water