Another first!

cdgn troller

So last year was one of my huntng partners 1st year bow hunting and she shot her first ever deer and it was a decent 8 point.  BTW she shot her 2nd and 3rd deer on opening day of shotgun last year, a 6pt and a doe!  I'll get to the other 1st in a minute.  This year she only has a limited time to hunt and will not be hunting the shotgun season.  She has been hunting 3 different stand location on the same farm she made her bow kill, all on her own with a little advise from her husband and myself.  She has been seeing some nice bucks but is never in the right spot.  So she decides to sit in the same stand she shot her buck last year for a few days in a row.  Oct. 10th, the first morning sit starts with a few does but not in range, she leaves and comes back for an evening sit.  I get my first text at 4, 4:30, and 5 that deer are already in the Alpha and bean fields in front of stand and a nice buck came out of the corn and then into woods.  then nothing untill the phone rings at 6:50, BBD!!  We wait it out till 8:30 and I met her at the stand while waiting for her husband to arrive.  She goes over the story with me and can hardly remember the chain of events she is so excited, except that moments before she shot a bigger buck walked by stand but couldn't get a shot and moments later this one walk right under stand and she shot.  We started to look for arrow and found it fairly quickly but found some stomach matter on the arrow and decided to back out and come back in the morning.  unfortunately I had to work, so Amy and Brian and another friend went out to look.  Well the deer only went about 100 yds where we found the arrow was laying there dead.  A beautiful 10!! Now she is the first female in our group to shoot a buck with a bow being 6 months pregnant!!  Man do we have some catching up to do.

post-143449-0-04160900-1381860093_thumb.jpg

Us catching up is about as likely as when my daughter told me she was going to be as old as I am some day  :lol:

Women just generally pay more attention to details, and they usually reap the rewards. Great story!!

Great story Brett! She is quite the hunter that is for sure. I saw other pics of that buck and it's big in every photo. Certainly bigger than my city deer in 8c. Corn, beans and alfalfa make a big difference that's for sure. I got a deer recently and in all the excitement nearly left my bow behind. Literally saw it when I was driving away. Look forward to your BBD story! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app