Converting from manual to electric planer mast

retsey

I want to convert my manual Big Jon mast to electric.

Big Jon mentions the kit ($507 is the cheapest I can find) comes  with 20' cord and switches.

My question is are the switches simply a toggle that I need to mount or is it a wireless.

It would be nice if they did make a wireless controller. I hate drilling more holes in the dash panel or boat.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance guys.

Marty

Just changed mine over the switches are rocker the same as the ones on the riggers . The kit is complete and comes with the heavy duty motors all hardware and lifetime warranty . Nice kit I paid $500 retail list is over $600 .

Edited by bigblue

I want to convert my manual Big Jon mast to electric.

Big Jon mentions the kit ($507 is the cheapest I can find) comes  with 20' cord and switches.

My question is are the switches simply a toggle that I need to mount or is it a wireless.

It would be nice if they did make a wireless controller. I hate drilling more holes in the dash panel or boat.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance guys.

Marty

Marty, I did a Google search and nowhere did I see a completely remote system, it comes with remote switches, so I doubt that means remote in hand from anywhere control in or out. come with remote rocker switches that can be mounted anywhere is what they say from their site

I would like to change mine to electric also but the price, ouch, I'm in need of a 4xd fish hawk more, so I have to choose 1 thing at a time or the wife gets excited. :headbang:

I turn my downrigger to the forward position and run my Otter Boards off it. Easy to clip your lines to and they travel out well. The motor has no problem retrieving the boards. Use the money saved to fill your gas tank.    

The electric motors are the exact same as high end electric window motors of german cars.

There is a post on file somewhere in here describing how to make your own electric planer board retrieval setup.

Thank you guys for the answers, comments and suggestions.

Rod Hog, was the price for qty 1 or 2 units?

I see two for $507 including free shipping

It would be sweet if they did come out with a hand remote !

Of coarse, my luck, they will offer this after I buy mine

Hard switches.  I'm not aware of any wireless remote setups for that kind of application. It wasn't a big deal for me since I don't use a mast, I run them off of my hardtop, so the motors are mounted to the rocket launcher at the back of the top and I have pulleys mounted to the front of the grab rails on top of the hardtop.

Motors/reels on the hardtop with the controller mounted on the inside of the gunwale under the HT

P1020855.jpg

Pully at the front of the grabrail on HT

P4120008.jpg

Tim