Maybe there IS something about a full moon: by dEv-0

devoknevo

First off, I have to say that I envy the Otisco guys that post here, you catch some monsters and share valuable info that's helpfull to all of us.

I fish a local river that I don't post about because of limited access but am able to catch my fair share of nice eyes out of. In fact, the last two days they've been on fire. I dumped four yesterday, kept one and put three on the stringer today. All on jigs and twister tails, right on the bottom. One had a big bluegill in its stomach.

post-147894-0-60371000-1382148564_thumb.jpg

post-147894-0-91869800-1382148576_thumb.jpg

Definitely river walleyes.  Nice catch.

I do not normally put too much stock into the lunar cycle, however, the harvest moon we had last month had the fish hitting everything.  From my recollection, it was the same last year and I think I will have to reserve some me time for next year's.  I like the moon because I can see better not because I think the fishing is better.  Not disagreeing -just my personal opinion.

I saw the moon last night and was a little disappointed that I had no time to fish this weekend.

Joe

Over the last 30 years we planned our walleye trips with the weeks of the 3 days before and the three days after a full moon, with only a weeks time we either chose the before or after days  and always the 2nd or the 3rd week of June, that was for Canadian trips I don't think it matters where your fishing. My brother- in- law, is a hard core archery hunter and has a lease in Ohio and plans all his trips around the moon phases, he even has some sort of wheel "chart" that he uses and I don't think there are to many hunters that have 26" spread bucks on the wall like he does, so I think it matters. I also wanted to mention when we got to our Canadian destination we always asked the guys how they did and if it was the week of before the 3 days of a full moon they usually said, "we really had to work for them" we knew that our trip was going to be good but in reality they all were good, just the moon phases were better. When I go up to the camper in the BRCG I usually based it on the moon phases.

Niice catch!Joe,The moon phase is not a guarantee...just ups your odds...me I prefer the new moon, there's nobody around, cause they cant see! loljustin

Thanks Justracytrolling!

I pay no attention whatsoever to the moon phases, I just fish whenever I can, wherever I can.

Just go out and fish every chance you get with whatever lures and gear that you have and go have some fun! Take kids too.

I couldnt agree more devoknevo! For most guys id say go every chance you get. I was only saying there are times ill fish extra hard, or be more willing to travel longer distances. As far as saltwater goes new and full moons produce much higher high tides and much lower low tides, and this produces certain fishing conditions you will not find at any other time and must be considered when planning a trip for the striper surf.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will agree with anybody go fishing when ever you get a chance, don't stay off the water cause the moon aint right is ludicrous, but when traveling 18hrs north I'm going to use every aspect I can to make that trip as good as possible, and when you have a chance to use the moon phases in your favor do it, it will prevail for you. If you live within what's a comfortable drive for you, go every chance you get. For instance when I get a chance to fish Lake O where we have our camp and that's 4.5hr ride the only thing I check is my watch for what time it was when I left and the gas tank, other than that it's wfo for Dexter NY.