Fish Still in Front of Olcott?

I am very interested in fishing out in front of Olcott for Steelhead, Coho, and immature Kings.  Anyone have reports or recommendations for going out in 100 or 200 FOW?  Or deeper?  How long into the season can they be caught out there?

Are the Browns along shore in Fall like they are during Spring?

Any thoughts appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I was probably one of those people fishing the launch ramp.  Thanks for the info.  If the weather permits I'll probably try trolling in front of the piers.  With the clocks "falling back" that leaves less time after work.  Really makes it impossible after work.

I went out this morning about 10am or so and fished for a couple hours until the wind came up. Trolling along the color line I had gold/red rebel minnows in the muddy water, and come mirrored copper/black back bomber long a in the clearer water and sutton 44 silver/copper hammered on the rigger. Action was decent and fairly steady from Wilson where I started to the red barn area to the east, then I called it a day. Fished 8-14 ft of water following the color change in and out. I had the lake to myself.

Went out this afternoon for a couple hours after work. Strong S winds but very fish able. Water was changing with the strong winds. 46 on the surface, but warmer at 48-49 down 40 feet. Fished out of Wilson heading towards Olcott. Caught a nice laker about 9-10lb. 40 down on the rigger on a SD and green/blue A-Tom-Mik fly. Shortly after that, I caught a low teen king, on an Alderton dodger and a similar A-Tom-Mik fly. 20-30 minutes later the wind started to pick up and shift to the SW. Checking the radar, I could see the rain front bearing down on me so I started to pull up the gear. While clearing the last line, a steel/bow hit a Silver Streak on. 1.5 color leadcore popped from a rigger and allowed to float upwards while I was tucking the rigger weight away. The 7-8lb. jumped a few times, but I dropped him trying to get him to the net. Not bad for a little over an hour of fishing by myself.

• 2 weeks later...