Canandaigua 10/21

Since the weather was going to be warm Monday I took my wife Bonnie and son Liam out for a quick afternoon troll in the north end.  We fished from 4:00- 5:15.  Ran two riggers with spoons and 200' copper and 7 color core with spoons.  The wind was blowing out of the south but it was fairly warm out there.   We trolled south on the west side from the pump house to German Bros and took a nice bow on the rigger at 60' down.  Turning east from German Bros is when the fish hit in around 135' of water.  Short trip but we had a nice BBQ bow for dinner.  Read a post in walleye section which mentioned solunar table for best fishing times around the full moon.  When I checked "best fishing times" for yesterday it said major time was 3:00-5:00 pm.  Go figure.  I still want to try to get out few more times.

Notice the pic of the nice kype on this male specimen.  He provided nice thick fillets for a 22" fish.  My scale battery was dead but I would guess he was about 4-5 lbs.  Mi Stinger monkey puke lured him in.

post-139627-0-13847500-1382451339_thumb.jpg

post-139627-0-61529800-1382499561_thumb.jpg

Edited by FLXTroutman

Good going FLX.....I had a few with the kype starting too over the last couple months....pretty cool... seems to be a real strong bow year class in that 4 lb range. I'm hoping to fish for them into Nov. but this year who knows with this crazy weather.

Edited by Sk8man