Question on reels folks

I have a good trolling reel and an okuma 55s spinner looking at casting reels I know I'll get a hundred answers but what casting reels do u recommend I am looking at high end stuff don't want junk but don't want to spend the cash if a cheeper better option is avalible looking at shimano calcuttas are they worth the cash

If you're casting for muskies the shimanos will treat you well. I used calcutta100s forever with no problems. A few years ago after paying off my mortgage i sprung for a TE400. Real nice but it did fail once. Service was good,though,got it back in 6 days. This year i bought a 200d. Now that's a reel! It's small,light,and works amazing. It holds about 110 yards of 50 lb braid. It'll set you back a truck payment but worth it imo. Casting big baits can burn up a cheaper reel in a hurry.

if you're casting go with the calcutta 400 d. I've owned both...my 401 te was a tank and an awesome reel. The 401d was also a great reel, smaller in size and very smooth. I just didn't like how it had a disengaging-levelwhind but that's just personal preference. I also have the curado which I love for a variety of baits. Check eBay out for deals on Abu Garcia revo toro NaCls, awesome reels I really like the low profile feel of them.

I fish for stripers in the cape cod canal and in those extreme conditions most guys ive talked to seem to agree on shimano if you are willing to spend the money. Big baits and muskies will certainly test your equipment, and rugged beats lightweight in my book. Ive been drooling over the new Shimano Tranx for both tigers and stripers.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...