Bay of quinte

super_hawk2012

The better walleye fishermen use inline boards with snap weights or leadcore lines to reach the suspended walleyes. Worm harnesses are better until the white bass steal your worms, then stickbaits are a better deal. Get the lines away from the boat at all times. Riggers can pull the big smelt eaters off the bottom if they are there. Popping a rigger with a harness works to catch walleyes when you see them on the screen and they chase down the rising worm.

Boards are a must imo...i prefer big boards if im running many lines but both work very well. I run deep diving rapalas and reef runners off boards more than harnesses, but both are equally effective in good hands. Ditto on the clip weights...and crankbaits work fine on riggers too. Precision depth control is the key for suspended eyes, doesnt matter how you choose to get down there as long as you can get the depth right. Dive curves are important.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exact depth control is THE KEY on suspended fish...the more neutral or negative the walleyes are the less they will move to feed. If you happen to catch it right you can get them to come up a bit further if they are aggressive, but more often than not you probably have to get close. This is a dive curve...

Justin

post-151276-13831369759244_thumb.jpg

Exact depth control is THE KEY on suspended fish...the more neutral or negative the walleyes are the less they will move to feed. If you happen to catch it right you can get them to come up a bit further if they are aggressive, but more often than not you probably have to get close. This is a dive curve...

Justin

A lot of the lures you buy today have the max depth it will dive with X amount of line out. I write what lure and what the depth is, in a book, because it's easier to look in the book, how many people save the box or the little piece of paper with the dive curve. I have every dive curve book Mark Romanack published. There are 4 or 5 can't remember the exact amount, anyway they are no longer available to purchase at a store, some are on ebay, but very expensive, and with all the new lures out the books to some sort are just out dated, the one I have with the weights and lead core line are still good, some things don't change. Fishing 411 has a APP out with all the new lures with up dates available, so this is the new deal, the APP was finalized buy Apple. Right now it's $100.00 and you get free up dates forever, that's the top of the line APP. you can get them for just the lures you use at $1.99 a piece, I also heard that he sells stickers with the info on the sticker. I got the $99.95 APP because it's supposed to go up in price with popularity, the $99.95 price was just to see what kind of response the APP. gets. If you look it up "fishing 411 app" lets you see how it works with one free lure. At least that's how it was when I ordered it.

I would look at the precision trolling app...i use mark's latest book, and im happy with it though as pap said its pricey. If you have the time, ambition, and money the learning is rewarding. If you dont have the time a charter would shorten the learning curve a lot. There are plenty of charter guys out there...find one in the area you plan to fish that understands your goals and you'll save yourself money in the long run. Seems like in 2 trips you would know exactly what gear to get and exactly how to use it to target eyes effectively. The fish will move, but the techniques you would learn will give you the confidence to find them.

Justin

The more I read the more I realize there is an art to riggin. Thanks for the info. I tried to find that app. Is it available in Canada. I couldn't find it.

Look up precision trolling app JT was right I was thinking fishing 411, but if you look at what I've spent on these books the app is the way to fly, the were 4 books and I added the price up for what I paid for the 4 books was $120.80 without sales tax and the Precision casting book is outdated, but you still can use it. The pictures in these books are actual size so you can size it up and get a rough idea where it's going to run .The one I have I bought at one of his seminars and was told only people who went to his seminars could buy this one it was never on the open market, so he told us? but all the lures were tested with 10# test mono. The pro edition had like plastic pages with a binder which as time went on you could just buy that page. My big water precision trolling is my back bone this book has dipsys, slide-divers, jet-divers and of course my favorite lead core. He did this with 4 different lines 30# mono 30# braid 30# wire and 10/4 fireline. Now there are all kinds of lines, So I think the $99.95 app with life time up dates is well worth it, with the new line and lures coming out, new & improved this and that if you are a die hard troller the app IMO is the way to fly. Hope this helps you out a little LOL.