Bay of quinte

super_hawk2012

I have the pro edition with plastic coated pages and its my most important tool. Apps are great until your phone dies or breaks or its pouring out etc...i like the book, but ill have both next year. I found it on ebay, it was more than $99! Wouldnt sell it for 200 though! I only really use 20 pages probably and have those 20 memorized, but wouldnt wanna fish without it. Rapala actually doesnt have exact data anywhere, but their website says to consult PTD!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When I have no idea what the dive curve is for a lure, I'll look at the bill of the lure if it looks like a deep diver, I usually try to find 20ft of water and keep letting line out at 2mph until it ticks bottom record line out and of course the depth and then do the math witch usually put me in the ball park. Takes time but at least you have some idea of what the lure is capable of with less line out.  Then I'll use this lure in closer to the boat when using the planer boards, or +5ft when figuring out a lead core length. I've noticed with a 50ft fluorocarbon 20# test leader it's 5ft for every color, a diver or not doesn't seem to matter. Oh and that's 27# lead core at 2mph, less speed is deeper and of course faster is shallower. The book says 5 colors back is 33ft  so I'm off by 8ft, but add 50ft leader and a diving lure and I'll make up a lot of that 8ft. Then it's a simple method to remember every color with a lure is 5ft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Come on up , starting in August you can hit walleye on Melville shoal , Charity shoal and big bar shoal usually the best bite starts an hour before dark until 8:00 or 9:00 pm , the morning bite is hot and cold in the early fall , there are several charter boats that are dialed in out at the Main Duck islands and if you go on the Quinte Fishing .com website try and hook up with Matt Reid or Rob Eves those young lads have spent a lot of time focusing on early walleyes and not too many can give you more up to date info than them . Try and catch the show Fish TV there have been several shows done in that area in the last year with Jeff Chishom guideing Leo and Ron to some real monsters , good luck and I would recommend that you load up on Tail dancers and reef runners in clown and perch patterns , Don't be afraid to run some big baits in your spread we regularly get 10 lb plus walleyes on our spreads at 5 mph while trolling for Muskies

Bill Barber Director Muskies Canada Gananoque chapter

Trophyhunter Fishin Charters

Proud supporter of Quinte Fishing .com

• 1 month later...