WHI Update - Hmmmmm...What could this be?

Are you stealing the name from the Salmon Slam we have in Sodus Point? If so. that's not cool....

Absolutely not Wayne. Salmon Slam is a great name, and one that's widely used. We used it first back in 2007 at Wilson during the Niagara Pro Am for an additional event for anyone fishing out of Wilson Harbor. Our Salmon Slam is a new concept/event we want to bring to Lake Ontario this year, and I think anyone fishing the Spring derby up West is going to love this additional event. Oops...did I just leak a little something something there?

Here are links to other Salmon Slam events throughout the Great Lakes:

http://www.hoosiercohoclub.org/Salmon%20Slam.html

http://www.slamnsalmon.com/

http://www.sooeveningnews.com/article/20130827/NEWS/130829521/1001/NEWS

We were unaware, or just plain ignorant, that you guys named your new event that name. So, what we are going to do is make a donation to your event from the Wilson Harbor Invitational and Salmon Slam. We think what you guys are doing over in Sodus is a great event for a good cause. We will contact Nick or see him when he's up at Wilson for his Spring trip.

Rick,

No worries. I was just trying to stir things up a little  :lol:

I'd love to bring the beast down to the west end to fish with you guys if it wasn't going to cost me so much for fuel. You guys keep stepping up these tournaments I might just have to suck it up and head that way!!!

By the way is your boat in Sodus Point for storage? I didn't see it at my marina. 

Rick,

No worries. I was just trying to stir things up a little  :lol:

I'd love to bring the beast down to the west end to fish with you guys if it wasn't going to cost me so much for fuel. You guys keep stepping up these tournaments I might just have to suck it up and head that way!!!

By the way is your boat in Sodus Point for storage? I didn't see it at my marina. 

Don't start with the fuel consumption excuse! I don't know too many guys putting more fuel through their motors than us. So I don;t want to hear it! LOL

Run some trips and recoup your expenses up West. Enjoy fishing the bar for the best King bite on the South shore. Bring it down for the month of May like other guys do. Fish the events as they move back East. Not many Salmon to target out of Sodus during May anyway.

Yes, the Yankee is in Sodus. Went straight to Great Lakes to get it's annual "up-keep" work, and now I think it's sitting outside it's barn. Headed down next weekend to put in some new toys, do some engine work, and winterize her.