FIRST MUSKY TODAY! ST.Lawrence..successful release!

We tried some new water today...things started out like all the other days, clear and check lures for weeds and mussels, change lures ,change depths,change speeds...nothing... hour six..then we get slammed on a rigger ! I grabbed the rod and the fight was on. Steady run ,with those violent head and body shakes as Anne slowed the boat andBruce cleared lines and riggers. She sounded and shook and slowly I got her headed toward the boat as she surfaced 70" feet out. That sight took my breath away...said a little prayer... she took another run ,then she dove down and swam toward us ...reeled to keep up with her..she came up again real close ,as bruce slipped the net under her and hoisted her into the boat!!Wow! What a feeling!! A couple of quick pics...short revival..and she took off like a rocket. A day and fish I will never forget

20131023_192613.jpg

congrats on your catch!!! I got to hand it to you musky guys cast and troll all day for 1 fish then jump up and down and carry on over one fish. you guy got the patients of a saint. Carry on guys at least there is something to read about. There must be some sort of adrenalin high you get once you catch one of these beasts!!