CVA Accura

JakeyBaby

I finally just received my new cva accura that i have wanted for quite some time! My question is, if any one else shoots one of these what they have works best comin out if the business end? I have been using .100 of777 and .225g power belts out of my older cva that has seemed to work great. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Matt,

-Jakey Baby-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ya I use 100 grains of 777 and 295gr. power belts. I can drive tacks off a bench out to 150 yards.  After that it drops off pretty good.  My buddy dropped a deer using a BDC scope out at 235 yards.  To say the least he got lucky. Lol

I shoot a CVA Optima - 150 grains 777, 250 grain Hornady SST bullets.  Attached target was from when I initially shot it after bore sighting it. Grouped equally well with 100 grains but was 6" lower than the 150 grains at only 50 yds.  The few deer I have shot with this setup have dropped in their tracks on boiler room shots.  Wicked power.

post-139696-0-10540800-1382726520_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss em

I have an older optima, one of the earlier inlines. I don't use it much as I'm burnt out from archery and I hunt with my .480 pistol during reg season. I load 100 grains of 777 and use the 195gr power belts. This was the recommended load at the time for this gun. I would check to see what the manufacturer recommends for your particular gun. My father in laws Thompson center doesn't like Hornadys but shoots power belts well.

• 3 weeks later...

We have new CVA Optimas here(2) stainless/fluted barrels with Bushnell 3-9's on them.

We were sighting those in Saturday afternoon and my son was not hole-in-hole at 100 yards, but they were touching one another.

I had the semi-same accuracy.

We were using 3 pellets of Triple 7, CCI Magnum primers and .270 gr Powerbelts.

Both were swabbed clean on each and every shot, followed by a couple dry patches to insure no dampness, as well as cleaning the breach plugs.

Triggers on these are REALLY nice.

Im finally going to get a chance to shoot mine this afternoon. Not sure what bullets im gunna run yet but I do like the power belts because how easy they are to load, I have just had my doubts about there accuracy.

They don't fly worth beans out of my TC Pro Hunter,  I use 250 grain TC shock Waves, 100 grains triple 7  and constantly take deer down out to 250 yards, Dead on!  No need for 150 grains of powder, your just burning up powder, Lesson your powder up and you'll become more accurate with a more stable bullet flight. 

Used to shoot 3 pellets of Pirodex years ago, with plain-jane 209's and a .295 gr. hollow-point Powerbelt.

THAT load, was devastating up close!!!! OUCH!!

After looking closer at the ballistic chart for those Powerbelts, switched to the .270's when they came to market.

Kills the ones we've put in the crosshairs.

Folks we know use Blackhorn 209 loose powder, with a .250 gr. something(?) and say they have good luck with that.

Well finally got it dialed in last night. Shot .270g Power belts that really didnt group good at all. Then shot Barnes Expandables MZ which shot pretty good! Both were using 100g of 777 pellets with the barrel cleand with a wet patch and dry patch between every shot. Shot were taken at 80yrds. Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this!!

post-148213-13843459963268_thumb.jpg

Iv been shooting barnsexpander mz bullets for 3 yrs now. I only use 100 grains shoots 1" groups at 100yards. I usea omega to shoot them from though. Best kill dropped a doe 160 yrd 2 yrs ago. Only deer with a muzzle loader shot that ever dropped.