Anyone on the susquehanna

fishinfreak

The big boat's put away.. the little boat's rigged and ready.. had the day off today.. freakin' wind! I've got to work this weekend but should have a few days off next week.. maybe...  Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

ps.. anyone know where to get minnows around here? I do OK without them, but when the bite gets tough they sometimes seem to help.

Chris,

I get my bait at a little bait shop on the southside of binghamton by pierce creek. He has everything from leeches to big suckers...my favorite! I drive by it to go home ill get the address. Here's a nice one my buddy got.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13833430158245_thumb.jpg

Justin....I know they get some beauties in the canal...I've never fished it because we stay in Eastham/Orleans and driving back up 6 is too much of a pain in the butt with all the traffic. I usually fish off Coastguard Beach, or Nausett Beach (when the tide is right) but if by boat off the mouth of the channel at Chatham and in the rip tide off Monomoy usually with sand eels ....nothing like it!

I love to troll, but just dont have time to add the hudson with my walleye fishing and the canal trip/trips This year the first weekend in june i was at the canal for a good blitz on my last day and 4 of us caught a dozen over 3 feet in 2 hours....the trip i cancelled 2 weeks prior there was an epic morning blitz that lasted till after noon and a friend caught 54 in 2 days by himself with several 40 lbers....of his 54 almost 40 were topwater in daylight...the rest were jigging all night in 6+ knot current...topwater is slack tide and much easier to land fish...check it out on youtube...i know how to time it and would love to get a bunch of guys together for next year...the only equipment needed is a fishing bike, a GOOD surfcasting rod or 2, waders, and about 100 bucks in tackle! Its a 2 fish a day limit and the license is cheap. Fishing from a bike takes me back to my childhood and its awesome...i rigged a bike i had for about 25 bucks. Timeframe is end of may into june...if you make 2 trips 2 weeks apart its almost a guarantee if you know the tides to fish. Its labor intensive hardcore fishing and not for beginners unless you have money to burn on tackle. Casting distance is extremely important! It took me a year plus of researching and several trips to figure it out as surfcasters are far more secretive than walleye guys if you can believe it!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app