cannon digitrol

i am thinking of getting a pair of digitroll 5's this winter and was wondering what you guys think of these.also,was wondering what else you need to buy to make the bottom track feature work.thanks in advance.

You can ask me specifics about the riggers. I'm more familiar with the DT10's and Mag 10 STX.

As for the bottom track I think with the DT5 you need to have a Humminbird unit (800 series and above) and the Cannon Link. If you go to the DT10 you can use a transducer that hooks into the downrigger to track bottom. The price of the transducer looks to be about $100 on Cannon's website.

thanks yankee,funny you replied,i was on cannons web site and looked at there pro staff and saw your name,so i went to your web site and spent the next hour looking at your pics and reading your reports,you guys rock!!!i was looking at the 5's cause they are a little cheaper,but if you have to buy a humminbird finder and the cannon link,which i believe they dont make any more,im better off just buying the 10's.just a big chunk off change to lay out,but i like the features these riggers have.i assume if you are using them they are reliable,im not very confident with computerized stuff and hate to spend that kinda money and have problems,guess ill start looking for a few more snow plow accounts this winter!!!!thanks again

I run the 10s. You need 1 transducer and 1 interconnect cable for each rigger you have more than one (2 riggers 1 cable, 4 riggers 3 cables). Cheaper that way than 5 with full sonar. Especially if there's a rebate program on when you buy. I got $150 each back on mine, paid for transducer and cables and then some.

thanks yankee,funny you replied,i was on cannons web site and looked at there pro staff and saw your name,so i went to your web site and spent the next hour looking at your pics and reading your reports,you guys rock!!!i was looking at the 5's cause they are a little cheaper,but if you have to buy a humminbird finder and the cannon link,which i believe they dont make any more,im better off just buying the 10's.just a big chunk off change to lay out,but i like the features these riggers have.i assume if you are using them they are reliable,im not very confident with computerized stuff and hate to spend that kinda money and have problems,guess ill start looking for a few more snow plow accounts this winter!!!!thanks again

The DT10's also come with the pre-set depth options which is really nice. You can store 5 pre-set depths in the rigger, and once your clipped into your release you loosen the drag on the reel and hit run. You can walk away and do something else while it goes down for you. Also, when running the heavier weights the DT allows you to adjust the speed of the rigger. We slow them down to the 2 or 3 speed when going down with 20lb weights. My other favorite feature is an actual depth readout on the rigger display. Not having to look forward at the FF to see how deep you are is nice. I PM'd you BTW

John explained the set-up above with what you'd need.

Edited by Yankee Troller