New deer call is working good for me

slab88

Www.wrightswoodswalker.com I have had some close calls so far using this call and my buddies kid got his second buck using it last night. It's a good call it imitates the deer footsteps in the leaves and it should be deadly used in combination with a grunt tube during the rut

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No it was his second buck in his second year of bow hunting. He got his first buck last year sorry for the Miss understanding

Is the call your using a mouth call or like the doe in heat where you flip it over. Or can you guys use electronic calls. From PA. so not calling you out, just don't know?

The call itself is a slender shaped bag about the same size as a grunt tube. I believe there are pics and a video of it on the web site www.wrightswoodswalker.com I used this call again last night on its own to change the direction of a small buck. The buck just could not stand the fact that there was possibly another deer in that thicket without checking it out. It worked more like a curiosity call on a smaller less dominant buck. I can't wait till this rut is in full swing to try it on some bucks that are bonkers!

Also I'm excited to use it with my rattling antlers. If you are rattling in a tree the deer only hear the antlers clicking together well if two bucks are actually sparring or fighting there is a lot more commotion than just that sound. Now with this call I can imitate the commotion of the deer feet during the battle!

Also I'm excited to use it with my rattling antlers. If you are rattling in a tree the deer only hear the antlers clicking together well if two bucks are actually sparring or fighting there is a lot more commotion than just that sound. Now with this call I can imitate the commotion of the deer feet during the battle!

Sounds like you might have something going on there slab88, I coyote hunt with electronics and any kind of decoy is a definite plus, with the caller I can set it buy the decoy so the sound and the decoy are working together and the eyes and ears are focused on that and not you, so I can relate to what you got working, like you said once the rut comes into full swing, they wont pay any attention to the direction of the sound, keep us posted on the call, very interesting!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've used a rattle bag in conjuction with a small tree limb attached to line, so the limb touches the ground.

After a rattle sequence I have "jigged" the limb creating a rustling sound in the leaves.

Have had it work over the years.