Sea Lion - Be happy we do not have this problem in our backyard

That is funny. I had a massive brown that I was handing to my buddy so I could get the scale. Then all of the sudden a sea gull dive bombed the boat and he threw it over his head and splash...never to be seen again.

They are pretty incredible. A few years ago fishing for tuna off the coast of Mexico we got into a school of Albacores and along with them the sea lions...they were robbing the bait right off our hooks before the tuna could bite....and the lions never got hooked and they grabbed the bait at full speed...unreal!

i was on a charter in the keys as a kid we caught a bunch of dolphin when we go to the dock i asked the captin if he ever missed while he was putting fish on the spikes for pictures.  he said never in 20 years and than 5 mins later missed and threw one off the dock his mate (who was his son) yelled "jump in" and he did.  he got the fish back and while down there cleaned off some scum from the bottom of the boat we still have the pic of him standing next to my brother dripping wet holding a sock infront of the board of fish.  my dad sent him an 8x10 a couple years later we were on his boat again and he had the pic displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just last week I had a couple of free hours in SE Mass and decided to hit a beach for some stripers. The fishing was good for fish from about 15 lbs down to micros.  I was high sticking a small striper for release in the water when a seal came out of nowhere and grabbed it.  I finished the evening with a six foot fly rod instead of a nine footer.  Still caught more fish too!