If you like to have easy access to your rigged trolling flies and stay totally organized this system may be what you need. I am into my second season using this and I can honestly say it actually works. I have used the tube file and found out that they collapse under intense heat, and they are a pain to use. My system is so easy to use as you just flip through the pages and select your fly and just unzip the page and that's it. The stiff  vinyl pages hold up under the intense heat of summer, and the sharp hooks are reluctant to poke through as they are fairly thick, however finess is needed loading the pages. I presented this to Captain Bruce of Hooked Up Charters and he is trying it out. He also put some in action to his fellow Captains. I can sell this system if I get at least 50 orders in order to make it worthwhile. I can do this during the winter and we can communicate through email. [email protected]. The pisser is that I can only this do for $25.00 picked up from my house or will have to add shipping charges. If anyone has any thoughts or concerns please call me. I will be more than happy to answer your questions. Wayne #5852021542

post-142086-0-36596700-1383089225_thumb.jpg

post-142086-0-46135500-1383089248_thumb.jpg

fly file.pdf

Edited by Waynes World

Hey Gambler in answer to your concern about the fly body, when you think about it the hook itself is much denser than the fly, so therefore there is little pressure on the fly body. As I stated the loading of the flies is the part that needs finess because you want to spread the flies in various positions within the page so that the hooks don't line up with one another. Again I have successfully used it for 2 seasons now and im very pleased with it.

Yes it is a binder with a 3 inch spine plain and simple, but you have to buy volume to make it worthwhile and also these vinyl pages are not kids stuff. They are made of a rigid vinyl that you must custom order a couple hundred at a time, so therefore you cant possibly make your own for cheap. Believe me I have thought this through. Come on step up to the plate.

Good idea but that's too big to store easily in my boat. I just use what's already on the market, and it works great for $13.99. Amazing how much gear you can store in these. It can also store easily just about anywhere for people who don't have the luxury of space for a big 3-ring binder.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_Guide_Series_Worm_Bag_4610/descpage-PGSW461040.html

Can't see me using something like this with the amount of flies that we run on our boats. The entire rig is just coiled up in a bag. Tried that with ziplocks years ago and every leader is wadded when you pull them out in a rush, in rough seas and wind...

For the price you could order one of King's Leader Lockers and keep the flies in shape.

J