Youth Bowhunters.

King Slammin

It has been an up and down season for Tyler, my 13 yr old son. After shooting a 7 pt on opening day last yr, this yr has been ALOT harder. He saw 10 doe and a giant buck opening evening. He missed one and grazed one that night and experienced his first letdown as a deer hunter. That setup proved to be spoiled as we saw nothing but squirrels the next few times there. We switched it up and I put him on a food plot we've been saving. That night three do came out and he was sure he hit one from 30 yds out. When I arrived to help him look, I found a clean arrow. He was so disappointed again. In the next 2 weeks he watched as 5 of his friends tagged out (2 of them girls which is so cool) I killed a nice buck, and I killed the doe he grazed opening evening. We hunted hard this weekend and saw a lot of deer, heard bucks fighting and grunting, but it didn't come together until tonight. Tonight, on the food plot he missed a doe earlier in the season, he saw 2 big doe, a 4 pt, a 6 pt, and this button buck which was the only one to give him a shot. He made a great shot taking out both lungs and slicing the heart from 28 yds. We followed a fantastic blood trail 30-40 yds to make the recovery. He's a happy hunter now. Unfortunately he didn't keep his room clean so instead of texting his friends all about it, he'll have to do it the old fashioned way in school tomorrow

post-149813-13835261830603_thumb.jpg since he's grounded from his cell phone

Congrats to jr. on the kill, but teaching him responsibilities is a tuff job also, but is necessary. I know exactly what your going through as I have kids and it's the hardest job as a parent, I feel it make kids better people later on in life, not to mention taking a little of the load off our shoulders, by doing stuff around the house. I know as kids we all had chores around the house, before school and when we got home, before supper and our home work. As far as I'm concerned we didn't turn out that bad. LOL.