You won't have to worry about the fleas till the summer. In the spring we run 15# Big Game. In the summer we run 30# Big Game and it keeps the fleas off just fine. I ran FF for a couple of years down here on the Finger Lakes and didn't like it at all. It twists really badly and has a ton of memory plus because of its shape it sits weird on the reel. I'd save your $$ and go with something else.

20# cortland fleaflicker and if youd like, add 30 yards of 15# floro. i personally dont like 30# fleaflicker for some of the reasons that billy v mentioned but havent experience them with 20#.

On the other end of the spectrum I've heard very good things about f.f. line and I spooled 5 reels up already for the summer. 2 freinds told me that what negative's you heard about the line were not true and they liked it. But then their's billyv's story. I guess I hope I made the right move. I was sick of putting diff. line on come July. I'll still have 6 rods w/ 14# till then.

Yankee troller really like his 25# mean green year round and I guess he doesn't have much of a flea problem at all.

me advise to stay from the f.f. for onterio the fingers have a diff breed of fleas that require a little more agressive approach.i spooled up some of the cheep biggame 20lb test stuff for the derbys and it works fine ..as Capt. billy said bad twist,memory, and lost 2 spin dctr. setups with good swivels before removing it ,and if you double stack rods on 1 rigger the blowback problem below 80 ft with a 12 lb weight is tremundus

• 4 weeks later...

I have (2) reels spooled with 20# flea flicker line and have been very happy with the overall performance. I used to run the 30# line. The 20# works great for me, while the 30# had a tendency to twist, as Capt. Bill mentioned. My other standard mono reels are spooled with 20# Ande, which, honestly, works about as well as the FF line does with shedding the fleas in the summer.

i have a mix of line"s but one rod i have loaded with 20lb maxima , everytime i hook up on that rod , i know the fish is as good as cought ! im switching everything over for the up coming season ! , been using it on the streams for years in the 10lb test with all kinds of luck out fishing the rest ! I just tryed the stren blood line out and it was junk 6 brake offs , switch reels out for the rest of the day ! good luck !

I have my Brown rods spooled up with 20 ff and floroucarbon leaders. Been using it for about 12 seasons or so and never had any more line twist than any other line. It lays on the reel just fine. If you get some line twist from loading it on the reels, same as any other line, just take the snap swivel off and let it out behind the boat at about 5 mph for a few minutes then reel it back on.

This will remove all the line twist. Also keep your swivel free from fleas. If it can't swivel you will get line twist.

Good fishing

Glen

use Ande for most of rods used FF line 1 summer and did not like it 30 lb ande did just fine for the fleas. looking to switch a few rods over to big game this spring anyone have any color preference? I bought clear but then thought maybe i should of went with green

I have been using big game green, (12lb) with a 12lb floro leader for three years for browns and 20lb setup for kings two years and had know problems at all. The kings you just can't mussel um !!!!!!!!. With the cost of gas I had to save some money so big game is it.. You also must check any line before every fishing trip (knots ext...) or it won't matter what line you use GOOD FISHING 8)