New digital depth and battery status gizmo for Vexilars

Sk8man

I've had my Vexilar Fl-20 Ultra pack flasher for a few years now and one of the things that has always been lacking in my view is a digital readout for depth rather than trying to remember which range setting I am on when I want a quick look at it. They now offer an "add on" for any of the Vexilar flashers called the DD-100 FL which installs in place of the older battery status indicator. I just ordered one from Cabalas ($49.95 plus shipping ='s about  $59). The Vexilar website has a "how to"  installation video for the Ultrapack. I installed it and tried it off a dock and it works great.

Edited by Sk8man

• 1 month later...

I have had the fl20 pro pack for a few years and wondered if it was worth it just for a digital depth readout. I scratch my head and do some figuring at the start of the season but then get used to it again. Mine came with the single beam transducer. Does yours have the tri beam and which add on, the digital depth readout or tri beam transducer do you think would be a better investment for the money? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bait-taker - I got to try out the Vexilar  digital "gizmo" on New Years Day and it worked fine. Nice to be able to see the depth from  a distance (with my eyesight :) ) and I checked against my hand held Vexilar and it was within 2 tenths. I'm glad I sprung for it (about $50). Mine has a dual beam transducer (9 and 16 degrees). My feeling is that I would opt for the standard single 12 degree transducer if I have to get another. Most of the ice fishing i do is relatively shallow water stuff and either beam of the dual works OK and I think one in the middle is all you need for most stuff and is a good compromise...i.e. the12 degree. I feel that the Zoom is the best part of the flasher and use it all the time.

Edited by Sk8man