How big?

King Slammin

post-149813-13840143903261_thumb.jpg

Headed right for one of my stands. I sat until 10:30. Guess I should have sat there in the evening too. I think he's pushing 160" if there's a 10th tine in there but it's hard to tell. It's the only pic of him.

post-149813-13840145280651_thumb.jpg

Got quite a few of this guy though and had him at 40 yds but I'm tagged out until reg season.

What do u think?

No way near 160. Takes a hell of a deer to hit that. That one is lacking spread, brow tines, and tine length. He is still a nice deer

Agree, we went to Illinois and had to shoot a 140 or better. The guy we leased the land from took us around at night and showed us "this size rack or better" All I could think WOW that's a huge deer, and he want's us to shoot bigger ones. The deer he showed us was the biggest buck I ever laid eyes on. 3 days into the hunt I had this buck step out in the field and almost fell out of my tree, it was huge, I put the crosshairs right behind the blade and touched off my 300h&h mag and down he went, I just stood their shaking like a leaf, took a few deep breaths and got out of my tree, radioed my brother, I just shot a monster. I thought for sure 160-170 when the guy came, I asked him "well what ya think, he said high 140,low150 still a nice deer but there's much bigger deer here than that" I was still tickled pink with my buck, biggest deer I ever shot 23"inches inside and 9 points and massive at the skull. It takes a big a$$ deer to score 160 or better. Oh I almost forgot you have to shoot a doe to get your buck tag, my doe dressed 190lbs. they are huge also 

Not trying 2 start a he said he said or call anyone out here...but i have bin hunting ohio, illinois& iowa since 1997 & working as a guide in iowa since 2000 & u cant hunt in illinois with a rifle....it is shotgun or muzzleloader only!!!....so dont no where that 300 killd a big buck & a 190 lb dressed doe????!!!!!. By the way imo buck is not a 160 but for the north east it is a true stud of a deer!...i hope you put him down and he is bigger than we all think and you prove us wrong! Go get him and post a picture 4 us all to see. Gud luck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for all your feedback. Need a better pic as you can't tell spread from this angle but he has the tine length and main beams. I've been staying out of there since I'm tagged out for archery but ALOT of people hunt the adjoining properties so he's got a long gun season ahead of him.

My good friend got his first ever buck and it was a beauty. After convincing him to get it mounted, I took him over to Gary at Backwoods Taxidermy to get started.

post-149813-13841614986366_thumb.jpg

Not trying 2 start a he said he said or call anyone out here...but i have bin hunting ohio, illinois& iowa since 1997 & working as a guide in iowa since 2000 & u cant hunt in illinois with a rifle....it is shotgun or muzzleloader only!!!....so dont no where that 300 killd a big buck & a 190 lb dressed doe????!!!!!. By the way imo buck is not a 160 but for the north east it is a true stud of a deer!...i hope you put him down and he is bigger than we all think and you prove us wrong! Go get him and post a picture 4 us all to see. Gud luck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

your are right about shotguns only per this link http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/HuntingDevicesandAmmunition.aspx

maybe he was hunting in a preserve where any weapon is legal?

Are they the same deer? It is hard to tell from the pics.  The top one looks like it could be pushing into the 150's.

I have a 161" 10 point on the wall and the browtines are 6" g2's are 12", g3's are 11" and g4's are 7".  His main beams are 26 and 27 along with a 19.5" inside spread.  The mass was 4" around all the way up and 5.5" at the bases.  These numbers are all close but I might be off a little I have the official score sheet at home but either way maybe take an inch off of each measurement. 

Here are a few photos to compare.  These are without me extending my arms.

DSC00692.jpg

1122081925.jpg

Edited by Chas0218