Weekend muskie

Hey guys. With the season coming to an end, the board has been a little slow lately, so I figured I would post a pic. Fished Chautauqua over the weekend. Tough conditions... Cold, very windy, rain and sleet. The wind was brutal yesterday which made for some tough boat control especially with my big boards out. We managed to get a few in some short feeding windows. I got up early yesterday with a plan to hit a specific time and it payed off with this 46"er. Not the best picture. Water temps are down to mid 40s in some areas. We just about had the whole lake to ourselves. Good luck to those who are still hitting the water. I plan to fish once or twice more before we put the boat away for the year.

post-150846-13841781953733_thumb.jpg

Nice fish Adam :yes:   thanks for sharing....... we haven't been out ourselves lately as weather this past weekend was tough.  Hope to get out a few more times before season ends.  This is my favorite time of year for hog huntin'

Chad

Thanks for the comments guys.  It's been one of our best years.  I still have an outside chance to reach 100 releases for the season, personally.  I think I'm at 93 right now.  7 more in one or two trips is probably a little much to ask for though, especially this time of year.  Regardless, it was still a great year and glad Dad is still able to get out as much as he does.  Although, after last weekend, he said he is done for the year.

fbg:  IMO that mark on the fishes belly is a partially healed red spot sore...very common on Chautauqua muskies.

Larry:  I saw that fish you guys got.  What a tank!  I have to admit, you have me considering putting Buffalo Harbor back on my list of places to swing for the fences in the late fall. I don't think I've been there since about 1999 or 2000.

Adam 

Adam, I got out with Trevor (tigerhunter) and his buddy Ed on his new Nitro. Definitely a nice boat to cast from and it handled the sustained 25 mph winds well.

I should be able to make it to the meeting, gotta go to syracuse all day but am planning on making this one finally!

Hey guys the what meeting are u talkin about is it a muskie inc meeting or a local club if so is it open to the public I wanted to get involved with muskie inc were is the meeting and what time would really like to get involved I'm an active member of the keuka lake ducks unlimited and would like to check out a meeting