who rifle hunts with a pacemaker ?

fishless

So I just had one installed a week ago and the doctor told me no hunting this year. well he doesn't know me very well.

I also have several contender hand guns that I am comfortable with. Our season in Pa. opens in a couple weeks and i feel great now so should be even better then.

Thanks  Jim

So I just had one installed a week ago and the doctor told me no hunting this year. well he doesn't know me very well.

I also have several contender hand guns that I am comfortable with. Our season in Pa. opens in a couple weeks and i feel great now so should be even better then.

Thanks  Jim

Hey Fishless,

I had one installed last April, and have been shooting bow and gun,no trouble. Maybe you should lesson to your doctor. Give it a chance to heal.

Or he may be telling you ,the stress of over doing it,or dragging a deer out….could be your last ???? Listen to your Dr…the pacer was your second chance…..let it heal ….and don't be a "hero"

Champ is right on the money with his advice! It's kinda like the fishing in high winds on Lake O. I used to do it but after a bunch of times getting beat up I finally responded to "common sense" figured it's just not worth the effort or risk and revised my thinking to "There's always another day" :lol:

Same thing happened to my Dad with his valve replacement.  He used a pistol and had us boys to help him if he got anything.  He had to hunt out of a blind instead of a stand and he ended up missing a deer but that was it.  Contender is an awesome weapon.  As I remember, the recoil was pretty significant.  I guess I understand where you are coming from, but nobody is going to tell you to go against your doctor's recommendation.  I'd take it  easy but that's more because my wife would pressure me cuz she wants me to (grow old with her) die of nothing all by myself in hospital when I am 90 something.

I started believing the Dr's had some idea of what they were talking about when they said "no fun loving with your wife for 1 month, no fun loving with anyone else for two months."  Must be some data there somewhere.

Good luck with your decision...

Joe

Joe

Same thing happened to my Dad with his valve replacement.  He used a pistol and had us boys to help him if he got anything.  He had to hunt out of a blind instead of a stand and he ended up missing a deer but that was it.  Contender is an awesome weapon.  As I remember, the recoil was pretty significant.  I guess I understand where you are coming from, but nobody is going to tell you to go against your doctor's recommendation.  I'd take it  easy but that's more because my wife would pressure me cuz she wants me to (grow old with her) die of nothing all by myself in hospital when I am 90 something.

I started believing the Dr's had some idea of what they were talking about when they said "no fun loving with your wife for 1 month, no fun loving with anyone else for two months."  Must be some data there somewhere.

Good luck with your decision...

Joe

Joe

LOL at the last paragraph of your post.  Does anyone here remember how Nelson Rockefeller died? ;)

Ill go with ya and shoot yer deer drag it out and eat it...at 56 I figure i have 15 to 20 more "opening days"..don't make this yer last...Find a good kid take him to yer best spot and let him get a nice buck. I'll bet that will be the best hunt of your life...don't forget the camera..

Glad to hear you took some good advice fish less…..be patient,next year you will get a nice buck and your health will be much better….and you will be here for your family and friends to enjoy ,good luck and stay healthy my friend…..and remember….put your family first…..they need you !!!!