Get a piece of aluminum or stainless tube stock the desired diameter (so it will make up the difference needed around the support tube) and cut them to 2 inches or so. Then rip them length wise (2") so you have four pieces. (two halves) Put the pieces on either side of the tube and then mount the clamp/holders on that. Hope this helps. I hope I understood what you were explaining.

You could just put the rodholders in the desired position then drill a couple holes thru the mount and rail. Then get some good stainless locknuts and bolts. Crank em tight.

I tried a couple pieces of PVC in the gap once ,it didnt last.

Best option is get some that fit.

no im a total jerk ,course i was kiddin.me working on the grammer stuff i ant got none experience in the english stuff as ididnt pay attention in school.and am i glad i didnt or i might be in some office 5 days a week instead of working 2 days sometimes 3 a week so i can fish or hunt the other 4 or5 .its kinda nice to have people pay me 50.oo to 250.00 per hr to tell them that there poop goes dadda way not dissa way when they flush the toilet.....remember im here for the entertainment value and maybe a worthwile(sp) or two tip on how to catch a fish if your nice i might post a photo or two of a couple hot setups under billies favorite 2 spoons post .

2 or 3 days who you kidding :shock: :?: ? As it was pointed out earlier here you must have made a typing error and must have meant 2 or 3 days a month :lol: Which way did the poop go that 1 day in your boat :shock: :lol::lol::lol: