Kicker bracket

Xxx

I looked high & low for a bracket that someone had on a newer boat with a full swim platform, It was white and mounted under the swim platform. Looked like it mounted to the transom and it was square until it was past the platform then had the lip and flat surface to mount the kicker. It was a sweet looking piece and I'm going to put my 15 horse on over the winter, but can't locate this bracket. Thanks for any help!! PAP

Hey Pap I looked high and low  for what I think you are talking about? I remembered thinking it was novel and saving the pic at the time but the only info I have on it is that it is called a "thrust motor bracket"....is this the one?

post-145411-0-14451300-1384712266_thumb.jpg

Yea, that's it sk8 thanks a lot. I've looked back through the posts I couldn't find it I thought I put it under favorites but I guess not. Thanks Ray for the how to!!

Ray did you get the high thrust one or the reg. one, it looks like you have a long shaft kicker, do you think with the motor mounted that low a short shaft would work? I have a 15 short shaft.

Ray did you get the high thrust one or the reg. one, it looks like you have a long shaft kicker, do you think with the motor mounted that low a short shaft would work? I have a 15 short shaft.

I got the high thrust model and my kicker is the extra long shaft.  Pap, I am not sure what kind of boat you have and your mounting locations, so I couldn't say about length of shaft.

Ray I have a 82 Sea Ray 22ft cuddy, I lent my 15 Johnson to my uncle, so I could put a long shaft on, and that has electric start and a charging system, do you think the $195.00 one would be ok or is that considered a high thrust motor? the high thrust one is $350plus I can't remember exactly the price but considerably more. Both are 2 strokers but I can deal with that I never had a problem with the Johnson, I used Amsoil 100+1 and works great no plug fouling even when I hade my 18fters I needed more then just a idol so I'm thinking 1/4 throttle to push this boat which then I would have no problems with the 2 strokes. I would like to have a 4 stroke but that's not going to happen this year, especially if I need the more expensive bracket. I have a fresh motor in the boat but I don't know how fuel cost will be, and the kicker would be a second motor should something happen to the main motor. It wouldn't be the first time for me to limp home on the kicker!!  I had a 90 horse Evinrude V4 and one bank went dead on me and 2 cylinders just wouldn't do the job of course it was when we decided to call it a day because it was getting rough out there and I couldn't keep the bow up with the main motor on 2 cylinders so I fired up the kicker and with both motors I was able to get into Henderson harbor :whew: then just ran the rest of the way on the kicker.

Pap, take a look at the pdf from adventure marine...it explains the difference between the 3100 and 4100 on page 7.  It all comes down to weight.  I waited until I could afford the high thrust bracket and kicker because I only wanted to do this once.

I know what you mean as for the kicker being the emergency motor.  I had an issue with my big motor and the kicker saved my day.  I will not own another fishing boat without a kicker! 

http://adventuremarinemfg.com/AdventureMarine.pdf

Ray