Question about Penn Yan launch

Looking at renting a cottage in August on Keuka, but have always used the State Park Launch. Has anybody used the municipal launch at Penn Yan and if the outlet is shallow in the summer. I have an 18ft boat with an outboard. From the satelite pictures it looks like a long ride out to the outlet. Or has anybody used Morgan Marine to launch their boat in the summer. Thanks. 

I've done it a couple times and never noticed a draft issue but this was a while back and I have a small boat.  

It is a long slow ride to the lake and then the northern end of that arm is shallow so if you're trout fishing it's a long ride on the lake too.  Bass and panfish maybe not too bad but for me it wasn't worth it. 

I'll second that. I haven't launched there in years but even with my previous smaller boat I dinged my prop in there on the way out to the lake.  The state launch is the way to go on Keuka. By the way Morgan rents cottages they own right next to the marina if you wish to be at that end of the lake. It would avoid the trip out to the lake itself.

Edited by Sk8man

I've used the launch dozens of times over the last 25 yrs and never had an issue. I've never seen it less than 3.5 feet deep. If you ding your prop it's probably because you wandered out of the markers. The channnel is marked with green and red bouys.I have a 18.5 I/o and just bring the prop up slightly just incase. An outboard is a non-issue. I've seen 24ft Weekenders using the launch in the middle of summer. 5 dollar fee now also.

I dinged the prop on something submerged in the channel itself. I should have mentioned that it wasn't shallow water per se. There used to be old wooden posts with wire on them there too but they are probably gone now. As I mentioned it wasn't recently that I was there.

Edited by Sk8man

Whenever I go fishing Keuka,I use the Penn Yan launch. It has a lot of parking space and at least 4 boats,maybe 5 boats can launch at the same time.The river is deep and the trip to the open lake is only about 5 minutes. The run at 28 mph down to the bottom of the Y is about 25 minutes, but there is great laker fishing in front of the church at the college in 90 feet of water. Launching is free. And last,I get nostalgic when I go past the old Penn Yan boat factory yards.