Cayuga 11-15-13 Report and Herbiecam Vid

Nice going! That brown did have some nice coloration too....Thanks for the video also. Sure makes me wish I hadn't put the boat away but I had no choice the winterization guys are off hunting now so had to get it wrapped up beforehand. Man...I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watched Joe....

Edited by Sk8man

Nick from reel stories and I have ran the under water cameras before and have had some awesome footage but also some that can be frustrating seeing the number of fish that looked at a lure and didn't hit can some times be discouraging but also a great learning opportunity seeing how the fish react to the lures and follow them sometimes for a long time before striking or just drifting back out if view

I've often thought about the fact that we assume that we aren't going over fish when we see nothing on the screen but the videos suggest that much can go on outside the cone of the transducer and also we may think they aren't biting at all when its mainly a matter of them not quite getting hold of the lure. Interesting  that one fish that first checked out the Spinney real quick and then went back to the lure and chased....classic case of how it's supposed to work :)

Edited by Sk8man

Can't agree more some of my best fishing days came from a 15' northport troller no electronics at all on it had to listen to what the fish where saying and how they wanted the presentation, I got a fish finder and I notice myself giving that more attention then what I prob should be don't get me wrong they are amazing tools but I don't depend on mine to find me fish on the finger lakes at least

After three seasons of filming at the lure, we have come to the conclusion that we are using that line as an attractor only.  We rarely get a strike on that presentation, and believe it is useful in bringing fish into the spread, and some of those fish end up hitting the dipsy or other rigger line.

Overall happy to see some healthy looking fish come out of this lake, as all were in good shape with only one Lamprey hit on the bunch.