Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bucketmouthbass36

My big doe

70 yards. One shot while walking right at me.ran 30 yards and piled up.Couldnt belive the size when i walked up on it. I need a scale to get a weight on this slob

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139906-13849955564081_thumb.jpg

post-139906-13849955767316_thumb.jpg

Holy hot and spicy Slim Sticks! That's a beast.

Holy deer in the headlights she's a biggun.

Shawn

Bucket -

You didn't by any chance have this deer processed at Smith's Meat Packing in Marion did you?

I happened to see a similar doe laying on the pile tonight with the biggest head I've ever seen on a deer and it looked just like yours.

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

Unless that's a weird camera angle there is no way that was only 125 pounds. Are you sure that scale is accurate?

I Processed the deer myself, and i just bought that scale at dicks, no ideal how accurate it is. I thought she was bigger too, had to tie her to my Subaru to get her up in the tree.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I didnt think I was crazy. My first reaction was no way!. A hunting partner a few yrs back shot one like that on a drive. I swear its eyes were as big as baseballs and it dressed at 185#.

We had 4 deer I think on that drive and that doe had dwarfed a couple avg  6pt bucks that were down also!

I have shot a lot of mature does including one that dressed at 197#. Old Greyface we called her. Passed her up during archery a few times but took her with my revolver. They all had a giant heads like yours. I couldn't see the body in your pic but I would check that scale for accuracy.

I would try hanging myself from the scale and compare it to a bathroom scale.  I was thinking that deer was well into the 160s dressed.