dipsey's and copper on boards

seeing is how there hasnt been many posts lately and im already craving spring and getting back on the lake,i thought id throw this out there.im looking for advice on running dipseys and copper off the boards.to start off,this past season was my second on the lake and my first playing with copper.i ran a 5 rod spread,two riggers,two dipseys and a copper down the chute,worked well,not many tangles and by the end of the season i was very comfortable and cofident running the 5 rod spread.id like to try to run two coppers off the boards this coming season and leave the chute open.a few questions i have are,which to send out first,how far out the boards need to be as to not tangle with dipseys, and what setting to run the dipseys at,again,to help keep them away from coppers.thiking about this set up,i find it hard to figure out how to keep the dipseys and copper from tangling.any advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance.

It doesn't really matter which you set first...if you have 300 feet of copper out or 300 feet out on your dipsey....the dipsey dives at greater rate than the copper...even with a standard size 1 dipsey and on a 3 setting you should not have any problems passing the copper across the dipsey...just make sure you are going in a straight line and not turning when you try this.  Also helps to kick up the speed just a tad...

Like stated above it does not matter which one you let out first. I let my divers out first then the copper. Deploy the copper down the chute and then let it settle before sending to the board.

:yes:

I would add that if you use the mag-sized dipsys w/out a ring your divers will stay closer to the boat with a steeper dive curve and therefore stay away from your coppers.  Send the coppers out as far as you can also.  When you deploy the copper over a diver....let it out SLOWLY out the back and then let it ride awhile before attaching to a board and moving it out ( what Gambler said).

Edited by Gill-T