Billy V II gets some new Gel Coat

Billy V

The previous owner of my boat had some gel coat work done on it to repair some hairline stress cracks on the bow of the boat several years ago. Unfortunately that gel coat turned yellow pretty badly this past summer and I just couldn't stand how ugly and mis-matched it was. So we sent the boat to the Watercraft Clinic in Red Creek to have those spots taken care of. As we were looking at the boat, it became clear that we needed to repair more than just those two spots to keep a uniform finish, so we're going to be getting a new gel coat on all the smooth surfaces from the bow pulpit all the way back to the hard top. Fortunately for me the hull of the boat is in fantastic condition so no work is needed there. I stopped in today on my way to Oswego to enroll in the TWIC program and snapped a few pics that I thought you guys might like to see. They'll spray gel coat tomorrow and we should have new looking topsides by the end of the week. I'll try to snap some pics of the finished product for you guys. I can't wait to see it when it's done....C'MON SPRING!!!

WatercraftClinicFeb282008004.jpg

WatercraftClinicFeb282008003.jpg

WatercraftClinicFeb282008002.jpg

WatercraftClinicFeb282008001.jpg

WatercraftClinicFeb282008007.jpg