My best year so far

I don't think sportsman would condone posting pics of a dead fawn with arrows sticking out of it. I am an avid deer hunter and I think its in poor taste and does not reflect well on us as sportsman. I'm happy that you feel you have been successfull but you may want to consider leaving the fawns in the woods so they can mature and possibly offer you better opportunities in the future.

I don't think sportsman would condone posting pics of a dead fawn with arrows sticking out of it. I am an avid deer hunter and I think its in poor taste and does not reflect well on us as sportsman. I'm happy that you feel you have been successfull but you may want to consider leaving the fawns in the woods so they can mature and possibly offer you better opportunities in the future.

when you look in the mirror do you see a sportsman (the avid deer hunter you are) ???. Why would you judge someone for sharing there excitement of the harvest. All be it not to YOUR taste his son and bucketmouth are happy to share.  

As far as letting them grow... there's plenty of animals around and the DEC wants us "sportsman",  to shoot as many as you have tags for. Want more than go and get them at Avon.

I'm not attacking you just don't think a forum that isn't mainstream (facebook like) isn't going to offend the people of PETA.

Not trying to offend anyone but pics of a dead fawn with arrows sticking out of it is in poor taste. And as far as the DEC wanting all those tags filled you may be rite but if all those tags were filled you would not have a very good deer heard to hunt. I also see that he mentioned he has not killed a buck yet. If he is more selective hopefully he will have a chance at taking an animal that sports that head gear he is hoping for.

Most important issue to me here is that the deer legally harvested don't go to waste. I know plenty of "ethical" hunters who love the horns but won't eat the meat. A trophy means something different to all of us. Me personally I wouldn't post a kill with arrows still in it but I wasn't offended by it but I can understand how someone might be

Good job on filling the freezer. Unfortunately it's survival of the fittest and the young ones aren't very fit or smart and are easily killed. My son has taken two yearlings this yr. I gave him a pass as its only his second yr. After butchering many yearlings in my life, I feel it's not worth the time or a tag to harvest one and have told my son the same (from now on) but can't condemn any one else if they choose too. Maybe they will feel the same after butchering s few of their own. I do agree on the multiple arrows sticking out of it being distasteful, however. Anti hunters don't need much to use against us these days. Happy hunting

I am ok with his post.  My internal shock meter barely moved, but I knew someone would judge his tactfulness.  For someone that grew up knowing Christmas presents were directly related to how good the garden produced and how well Mom and Dad did during deer season, I think it is fine.  In fact, I am happy for him.

I am happy for him as well and I am not offended by the pic either but i think of others not just myself that's the reason I said something. I was told a long time ago if I wanted to be a better hunter I had to be a better hunter! Im glad his freezer is full but I guess I don't like seeing fawns killed. Its like planting a garden and then tilling it up before its ready.

These pics don't bother me either.  I'm a meat hunter and don't care about horns.  I have no problem with someone taking yearling deer.  How many yearling deer do not survive a long hard winter?  I would much rather see them harvested.  Slow Rollin,  have you ever had Veal?  I sure hope not.  That would be a little hipocritical. 

Edited by GAMBLER

A good hunter cares about a healthy deer heard and is selective for the purpose of maintaining a good heard so they can be hunted in the future. Is killing a fawn worth the 20lbs of meat gambler? Maybe that's all you kill because you don't know how to pass up a deer. Let them walk and you may be rewarded for it.

A good hunter cares about a healthy deer heard and is selective for the purpose of maintaining a good heard so they can be hunted in the future.

Strictly an opinion and sure as hell not a fact.  Not taking deer and being selective means tags left at the end of the season most of the time.  Taking deer helps no matter what age because it keeps the population in check.  Last I checked, over population in a deer heard is not healthy.  And to answer your question, 20lbs of meat is worth it to me because I really enjoy eating venison.  Every little bit is consumed and not wasted so I have no reserves on shooting a small deer.   

That yearling was MY FIRST bow kill, sorry for taking a pic as soon as the deer hit the ground. If you dont like it, dont look. I havnt shot a buck in 3 years and that is perfectly ok because i still pack my freezer every year.Thank you every one who supported me. I hunt colby street in spencerport and there is no shortage of deer there at all, so i will shot every deer that gives me the chance. I hunt to feed me and my 2 year old son and process all deer myself. Dont post no more negative **** about me hunting, get off this website and go join peta, you probably look for stuff to complain about on here. Get off your ass and in the woods, leave me alone

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was never intended to offend anyone I just pointed out that the pic of a dead fawn with 2 arrows sticking out of it poorly placed i mite ad was in poor taste and does not reflect well on sportsman. And my passing deer up has never resulted in empty tags just bigger deer. So please don't be offended not what I was trying to do.