Best Flasher/SD and Fly Combo 2013?

Adk1

My 5 yr old daughter picked a green/chrome spinner with a white/purple atomic fly. That brought the most fish for us.

Sylvan Troller, that's to funny, my twins picked out of a canoe full of fishing lures cheapo's, pink and purple don't figure, and had no rest till I tied them on and I'll be dipped in $hit if they didn't catch fish I was amazed. I use a lot of purple when fishing for walleye but not the salmon and trout, pink caught browns and steel and the purple caught 1 king and a coho. So needless to say I didn't have matching spinners or dodgers. The girls picked out squid baits so I used 1 green spinner and 1 green dodger and they both caught fish, I usually try to match the colors, but maybe mixing it up is the ticket. I'm not the best at the salmon thing so every thing is a learning curve for me as I mainly target walleyes. This year I'm going to put more time in on the trout and salmon since I got a bigger boat and will de able to fish rougher waters, many times I just couldn't get out there with my 18ft center console this year I'll have a 22ft cuddy that is a deep boat and should be able to handle 3 foot waves, anymore than that it's not fun struggling to stand up, and maybe she will surprise me and be able to take on bigger water. Spring will tell. 

caramel dolphin SD with a big weenie pull my finger fly........ (love the names of these and FLT lures)    Finger lakes killer!  Run from black #1 dipsy or off a rigger 8 ft. back.   Leader from SD to fly 12"-16".....   Lots of tries with different combos seems have been my hot combo this year but others seem to work also!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a little late to the discussion, and it's great to see all of the winning combinations from everyone.

Can you share the leader lengths between the flasher/SD/PT and the Fly??

Any helpful information for spring browns (May 2014) out of Little Sodus Bay.

Thanks and Boat Safe

Egoody

Hi,

I'm a little late to the discussion, and it's great to see all of the winning combinations from everyone.

Can you share the leader lengths between the flasher/SD/PT and the Fly??

Any helpful information for spring browns (May 2014) out of Little Sodus Bay.

Thanks and Boat Safe

Egoody

I got the Bloody Deather SD for an early Christmas present and Dan Keatings book Keatings on Kings! yeah baby..Now to figure out what fly/flies work well wit hteh Bloody Death and am, mid day or pm?

yeah I can imagine. You always hear abou blues and greens for the most part. I figure I didnt have any red/purple colors so went with that

Edited by Adk1