Your absolutely right Burrows, but there are closed seasons for a reason. That is normally so fish can spawn in their environment so humans don't have to do it artificially. I probably used more big words than you can absorb in this post so I'll stop here.

This was posted in the north shore room so it can be presumed that these were caught in Canadian waters. I do not know if the season is closed on the Canadian side .

I just looked it up. On the Canadian side the season is closed from October first until December 31

Edited by rolmops

Regardless, if anyone is fishing out of season, hopefully they meet CO on one of their poaching outings. You can get fined, imprisoned or a combination of the two. Plus they can confiscate anything you use, including boat, truck, etc. They also don't need a warrent, unlike police.

Not blaming anyone here for that, just trying to educate anyone who doesn't know that. Hopefully more people can take the ethical high road. Then they'll actually be MORE fishing opportunities. Like TileMan Dan said, the seasons are the way they are for good reason.

Sorry - my bad - called nephew and he says "lakers are out of season right now!" "I was just messing with ya" I caught these back in spring remember! I didn't remember they were out of season otherwise wouldn't put of posted- so almost falsely implicated him. He is a sportsman and wouldn't keep out of season fish. got to be careful on this internet thing.

Nice fish tho.