Whole frozen salmon

Looking for a couple whole frozen salmon from this summer, it sounds weird but I'm looking to mount a couple myself and don't want to use a fall stream run king. I'll meet someone and give them 20 bucks I live in Ontario and will drive up to a half hour. You can call or text me 585-509-4796 thanks

Sent from my VS840 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think it's against the law for someone to sell you Chinook salmon.

I've often thought that there's a black market going on somewhere with these salmon.  I realize that the regs word it such that any "transaction" is a voilation of the law but where there is a will, there is a way.

Ok I'm sorry I will try to be more clear I was just going to give someone $20 to reimburse them or their troubles. I am only looking for two fish so nobody's going to get rich off of $40 I personally release 99 percent of salmon that I catch if I had known I was going to give taxidermy a try I would have saved a couple. I just can't find a good taxidermist that does a great job that I would be happy with so I thought I would do it myself try it myself. Kings are my favorite fish so I would just assume mount one of them. I apologize for any confusion anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call.

Hey I have a 28lb female in the freezer. Was gonna get it mounted but gf got a 33 she wanted done instead lol if u want that one lmk ill give u a text.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

Right on EATSLEEP……selling fish from our lakes and streams ???? this is just the tip of the iceberg…..and it includes steelies,browns,lake trout…..what do you think these guys do with a truck load of our fish going down the road….and none off them are caught…."legally"

Stripline, if you've never seen a taxidermist who's work you'd be happy with, the. You've probably never seen Paul Czarnecki's work. It is amazing. If I was ever going to get a fish mounted, there's no one else I would even consider. Tri State Taxidermy. Paul also runs a charter out of the Oak, the Free Spirit so it would be easy to get it to him.

Just a thought.

Tim

Stripinline, years ago one of my sisters boyfriends, while he was dating her self taught himself the taxidermist trade, his name is Dave Fritz he did a nice buck for me and a pheasant, but this bird was yellow he knew the name for it I forget, anyway this turned into a big thing and the law got wind of this and they said to do any more work he needed to be licensed. Dave got away with it by saying it's a hobby and received no money for his work, so they said he needs to get a license then report back to the game commish. and they will not fine him so he did. Now he lives in Alaska being a full time taxidermist, and well known up there, so you never know what's next in life I say go for it, I know your not a Russian or a black market mobster, only wanting 2 fish to practice on. 

I have a salmon boat and catch hundreds every year I just didn't save any whole frozen salmon I was just thinking that someone saved one to get mounted and then caught a bigger one. Thanks though