Fish hawk x4 -x4d?

anniep

The question i have do you loose or for a better term do you trade surface speed for probe depth,between x4 and x4d? If that is the case there is not an additional function as fish hawk advertizes. This appears to be the case as there are only 4 functions on there  display unless i missed something. Very possible. Would someone be so kind to inlightin me? Thanks and great fishing.

Yes the only difference is the depth. U do not have surface speed. A lot of people use GPS. But problem with GPS is when u have a lot of current. So an accurate surface speed can be crucial on days.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What do u need surface speed for when u have down speed? Surface speed is irrelevant with currents.

IMO surface speed is, at times (once breaks develop in June) very helpful in determining productive areas in which to fish. Allows me to paint a mental picture of what the lake is doing and stay one step ahead of the game by "forecasting" probable water movement at depth. Just me though. My DOT is largely decided by by referencing this as well.

IMO surface speed is, at times (once breaks develop in June) very helpful in determining productive areas in which to fish. Allows me to paint a mental picture of what the lake is doing and stay one step ahead of the game by "forecasting" probable water movement at depth. Just me though. My DOT is largely decided by by referencing this as well.

X2 right on !!!!!!

• 2 months later...

ok guys  im going to  give in  and buy one  x4 or x4D  is it worth  the  extra  for  the depth when  your  rigger  is going to tell you   close  enough  as  to how deep you really are ?  Is it not  the change  in temp  which is most important  ???  Lets get your input   guys .

ok guys  im going to  give in  and buy one  x4 or x4D  is it worth  the  extra  for  the depth when  your  rigger  is going to tell you   close  enough  as  to how deep you really are ?  Is it not  the change  in temp  which is most important  ???  Lets get your input   guys .

I'm in the same boat your are only I own a X4 now and have owned and used the other brand before that needs coated cable...knowing temp and speed at the ball will put more fish on your line....... hands down I'm going with a X4 for the new boat , BUT I just don't see where the extra $100.00 or so is worth knowing the excat depth.................. so someone change my mine before I buy......