brad super cut bait

Total Chaos, I was looking into these, do you have the lure type that opens up or are you guys talking about the cut bait with the ladder stripes and different colors? Did you ever use the lure type and if so to what extent of success did you have? They look impressive being able to add meat and scent plus a foam strip to hold your favorite scents. Thanks for any response PAP.

Pap - had mixed success with these. I could get bites on these when nothing else would work. My only problem was keeping a solid hookup. Lost a lot of fish on these. Was curious to see how others would run hooks for these?

If we are talking about the lure that opens up with the scent pad, yea, I noticed that the first triple hook looked like it was tucked tight to the lure body and can relate to not a solid hook up. I think I would use a few small beads between the first hook and where the line goes through the body of the lure so the hook is not tight against the bottom. Basically rig it so the first hook dangles a little.

I run a single hook with a 3 bearing bead chain in front of the hook. Pull the chain up to where the line goes into the body and put the rubber band around the bead chain. That holds it tight to the body and the hook stays free behind the bait. I never had a problem with hook ups. There are some youtube videos on how to do it. That's where I found it.

Total Chaos

I added a pic.

post-141352-0-98508000-1385996641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Total Chaos

• 3 months later...