Lake Trout out of Oswego

Do you guys still run cow bells and peanuts early in spring . Also seen guys use small stick baits in back on cowbell.

Sure do! When the browns slow down and the Kings are out deep, I run them and the grandkids love catching them and letting them swim back out. I think they like holding them by the tail until they revive more than catching them :)

i dont think it matters much,the fish seem to be everywhere.we did very good with them last year between the dunes,north of the salmon river,key was around 120 ft of water and being on the bottom.if you trailer your boat,it would be a shorter ride out of oswego to get to the deeper water.#4 or 5 hammerheads with peanuts worked best,but we got them on flasher/flies also.

i dont think it matters much,the fish seem to be everywhere.we did very good with them last year between the dunes,north of the salmon river,key was around 120 ft of water and being on the bottom.if you trailer your boat,it would be a shorter ride out of oswego to get to the deeper water.#4 or 5 hammerheads with peanuts worked best,but we got them on flasher/flies also.

Same here, would run a line between North Dune and the Stack back and forth, stay between 100' and 120' as close to the bottom as possible and could always catch Lakers even on slow days. Cow Bells and Peanuts or Spin and glows and as Fins said even catch them on flasher/fly combos.

Best place to buy cowbells and peanuts.

hammerhead tackle. Google hammerhead charters and tackle. You will

find a cell number for Jim. Best cowbells out there. Jim has peanuts and spin n glows for sale too.

Edited by GAMBLER