looking for a new kicker

ok now im ready to bite the bullit looking for a 10hp range kicker bass pro has the mercury 4 stroke big foot 9.9hp elect start for 2275.oo tiller.L&M ,and Borderline your the pro's here .any suggestions used def .is not out of the question if anyone has a newer moter laying around

..Thank You Ray K.

Dear Ray,

Thank you for the vote of confidence. Start looking in your home town FIRST. If you find a dealer with a left-over unit, you should be able to get an excellent price. I would stay far away from the Merc OB's. Their no longer "Made in USA". Yamaha has my vote, and they are more money too! You are caught between a "rock and a hardspot" You could buy a Yamaha in Canada and bring it in to the USA and declare it for pleasure use. (No import tax under the NAFTA agreement). BUT if you have any warranty issues with the engine, you have to take it back to the dealer in Canada. Yamaha got smart Quick! AND do not try to avoid the NYS sales tax. You have to pay the sales tax within 28 days of bringing it into NYS. AND the NYS sales tax people are watching the import declarations. I personally have experience with the NYS Tax department on these matters!!

.........If you search far enough, I bet you can find what you want. Florida land based dealers have inventory too! But shipping will kill you from FL. Start with Google and the world is yours!.......by the way, I hate outboards!! but oh those Yamis's!!

...................Jet Boat Bill

As Bill mentioned, the smaller Mercs and Nissans are made by Tohatsu. The following site has very good pricing on Tohatsu and Nissan, and ship 18HP and less tillers with no sales tax and no shipping charges.

http://www.onlineoutboards.com/

I plan to purchase a 6HP from them for my new to me walleye boat that I will be setting up this spring.

Nisson, smaller Mercs and a few others are as Sponge said above made by Tohatsu. They are an excellent motor and one of the oldest outboard manufactures in the world. Ray I'll keep my eyes open for something used in that range for ya. i have a couple older 9.8's 2 stroke's here but I wouldn't feel comfortable selling for what your going to use it for. Don't discount onlineoutboards I have heard good things about them and the pricing is reasonable.

I put a 15hp on mine Ray didn't look into the BigFoot. It will push mine just under 7mph with WOT trolls down to .5mph. My buddy just got done doing the OB hunt and found that BassPro had the best prices on Merc.

I'm here, most of the snow is gone and I'm wading thru the slop in the backyard. I had to release the tiedowns on the boat in case the water gets any higher. Got it tied to the back porch. :) Aint nothin in the mailbox except bills, so I try not to look in there too often. :shock: