What Thru hull ducer for hds unit?

I have a stock 83/200 transom mount currently and just feel I can achieve better results both while running at speed and trolling in waves with the thru hull over the transom mount. I have a 1998 bay liner cierra express with a fiberglass hull. My question is which transducer will work best for me? Thanks

Good suggestion...Airmar makes the best tranducers....I would double check on the exact one needed for your particular boat with the Airmar techies. You certainly want the correct one to match up your depth finder to hull design of the boat and you'll want to carefully check out the schematic on your boat before installing to avoid "dead spots" etc.

the p60 is popular one but I know there are different degree angles on them so they shoot strait down. A friend of mine installed his own and I was there to witness him drilling a hole in the bottom of his new to him boat, must say it was a little nerve racking watching him perform and it wasn't even my boat!!!

Another option is the Airmar P79 in hull (shoot through hull) transducer.  Your hull must be solid fiberglass with no wood/foam core or voids.

I use a 50/200kHz P79 with my HDS8 and have had good results.  No issue what so ever in waves at trolling speeds marking fish, bottom and downrigger weights. Also no problem with tracking bottom at cruising speeds.  Might be worth a try before drilling a hole in your hull.  Also the P79 is adjustable to deadrise up to 22 degrees and you can dial it in to match your boat's deadrise exactly.