Any one ever use Red Eye - Evil Eye spoons?

vetting

It may relate to high contrast with the light above (sky etc.) and could resemble a "shadow" outline of bait from below it as contrasted with bright colors that "attract" the fishes attention from anywhere? Also colors specifically fade or darken (depending on the original color) at depth and the black would show up (coupled with movement) at a much greater range of depths increasing the probabilities of them perceiving the object. My theory anyway :)

Edited by Sk8man

I was once running dipsesys too deep on the southeast end of Cayuga, and got hung up on the bottom. When I got free,  pulled up a seth green rig with 7 or 8 spoon, most were red eyes, and a couple appeared to be carved out of oyster shells or something, hooks and most hardware was rusted off. Anyway, that's the only time that a young buck like myself has ever seen those! I am going to have to pick up a lot of these to see what all the commotion is about.

Sounds like Pearl Wobblers on the rig (made out of mother of pearl) nice rainbow lure but usually not used on Seth Green rig interesting....

Edited by Sk8man