Rabbit hunting

Make sure you check them good for ticks, took my Beagle out two Sundays ago ran him for 2-3 hrs was fine, Monday was fine, Tuesday he started to limp and wouldn't put any weight on his front foot. Checked it over good thinking he had a thorn or briar in his foot found nothing, Tuesday pm had to carry him outside to go poddie and he wouldn't stand, after a quick trip to the vet, found out he had lyme disease. Pain kickers and anti-bios and doing great again. But the vet said he would have had to been bitten with in the last two weeks. I had always heard after it gets cold the ticks go dormant she said don't believe everything you hear. Took him out Sunday two rabbits and no ticks ! 

I haven't seen anything a bored beagle wouldn't chase!  Spent a week about 20 years ago with some fine beagles in the moose river plains, and after a couple days of tough hunting the  rabbits were scarce...we treed a bear, ran a bobcat, and got several woodcock...all with beagles.  They hunted what was available! 

justin

Shades of gray, just ate several marinated bunnies last night. I have never looked at livers for spots, or grubs, or what ever else people cackle about. Every fur bearing mammal has fleas and now ticks, I don't eat them or the fur they are on. I have been eating and hunting rabbits, white and brown ones for 30 plus years. I don't believe I am messed up any more then normal from eating them. I can tell you that snowshoes don't eat as well as the tails. I think it is they have to run to survive, cause they don't go in holes. That is a good looking **** you have. I have 2 excellent female hunters myself.  Hope this helps, have fun, be safe.

• 2 months later...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1396041649.652457.jpg

We had rabbits everywhere, this was an hour after work one night

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Niiiice Puck'rd......I packing up the hounds for a run 2moro, then hopefully on Sun too if the rain will let us.......then it turns to training/fishing/boating season on Apr 1st..... :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Here's the crew pix of the "Willy's Sea Hare Express" from last sat

Members from LOU  from left to right..........Jusgrinnin, Willy-C, Rickski, Scunz

It's what we do when the boats are under cover from Ole Man Winter..... :rofl:

post-151807-0-57724800-1396045959_thumb.jpg

I figured I'd find you guys talking wabbit.

But of course......nothin better to do till the D'Angler gets his belly wet

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United