Flying deer attacks Jogger (USA Today)

BSmaster

(NEWSER) – We're guessing the chances of this happening rank somewhere between one in a million and one in a gazillion: Krystine Rivera was jogging in northern Virginia around 6 p.m. on Thursday when the 27-year-old was hit by a ... flying deer.

A 71-year-old behind the wheel of an SUV hit the animal on her front passenger side while driving southbound on Clairborne Parkway. The impact flung the deer into the air, where it hit Rivera on an adjacent path, reports NBC Washington.

Rivera was treated at a Loudoun County hospital and released that same evening, having suffered a concussion and a few cuts and bruises. She then talked to theWashington Post, and her story is painful in more ways than one. She explains that she decided to set out on the seven-mile run after having a bad day at work. Things, of course, "got astronomically worse" around mile five. She says she didn't see the deer coming and lost consciousness after being struck, and first learned that a deer was involved when a paramedic explained they had to cut off her running shirt "because it had deer blood all over it."

The deer didn't make it.

Sooo?? Who took the deer home?? The driver or jogger?

I saw a news clip later and there were no real pictures of the accident but showed the area and a guy that lived close to there followed the accident home.  The next day he saw vultures overhead and discovered the dead deer.  Apparently the deer managed to knock the jogger out and run into the neighbors yard.  After seeing the running/walking path next to the roadway I am more inclined to believe that the deer (running full out) was knocked a$$ over tea cup side ways and for those of you that understand vectors it is like a power slugger hitting a foul ball in MLB.  The baseball (deer) The bat ( SUV) and the Jogger (poor sap in foul territory not paying attention).  The flying deer sells the story but I doubt it ever went up in the air.