Swim Platform Removal

Brezman1

Hi Brezman1. My buddy owns a Sea Ray Amberjack 290. I would not recommend that you remove the swim platform. We have an extended boom net and have netted out on the swim deck. That platform truly protects you from waves slapping thru the aft door as well. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Brezman,

If its a bracket mount swim platform, then yes it is removeable. I have done this more than once. If you are fairly handy then you can do it with a helper. Make sure any transom holes where the hardware are removed get plugged with stainless hardware and quality caulk made for use below waterline. You could have a glass guy fill the holes, but a future owner may prefer the swim platform back on.

If you are unsure about any of this have a boatyard do it. Good luck.

I have a swim platform on my Sea Ray it's a 22ft cuddy and I like the swim platform, I find myself using it more often than not, I stand out on it to net fish, if there is an issue with the out drive you can raise the drive up and at least inspect the problem, I have my kicker mounted on it and my fish box. I think it comes in handy more than not. Just my 2 cents. 

Hammerhead on this forum has one for sale (check classifieds on here). He ran charters on that boat with the swim platform on it. It's a great place for the cooler and is convenient to net fish off of. I fished that boat twice. Plenty of room, wide beam. Nice boat. Give him a shout he wiont bs you on of it can be removed.