Seneca snow storm!

Well I did it again could not resist the lake so found a few crazy people to jump on board and fish Saturday during the snow storms I told them we would be the only boat fishing and I was 100% correct!! Trout fishing was as expected and about 11 changed things up and decided to troll for pike did that for about a hour landed one and lost one other fish not sure of that species but slammed the rigger!!!post-147332-13872200764851_thumb.jpgpost-147332-13872200951313_thumb.jpgpost-147332-13872201112487_thumb.jpgpost-147332-13872201609268_thumb.jpg

WTG Joe and nice salmon....the pike pic should be put on the recent post about: "Do the pike hit in the cold water" etc. post :lol:  Les

Edited by Sk8man

WTG Joe and nice salmon....the pike pic should be put on the recent post about: "Do the pike hit in the cold water" etc. post :lol: Les
les am I not suppose to be able to get pike this time of year?!?! Haha I have always found this a great time of year to get them and normally a few good ones this is my first time actually trying to get them while on the boat I usually do really well fishing from shore for them. And thanks guys its always fun in the snow looking like a warm up is coming I'm sure i won't be the only boat on the lake for the next trip!!!

I agree Joe....it was somebody just wondering if they hit in the cold water.....I've always had good luck with them when the water temps are down.

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. If you see an 18' Lowe boat with two old guys, wave hi!
good luck to you and I prob won't be out until the weekend I would say wether permitting but the only real factor I have with weather is wind haha!!! And les yes when the water temps go down is when I have my best luck If you look at that picture you will notice the pike has sores on it I have seen this before with them any clue what causes it?

done that once was spanking the landlocks at smith park .....then reality set in as i went up 414 hill towards corning towing a 22 ft boat,that was a little hairy with the altitude change and increased snow accumulation
luckily I only had to go down 14 so stayed flat the launch ramp was the tricky part that ramp is extremely steep!! And I know pike are aggressive to their own but it didn't look like teeth marks unless it was a older scare and healing that is always a possibility!!!

I've seen similar sores resembling "abrasions" and I was wondering if they were where lampreys tried to attach or a fungus started and the pike scraped them off on rock edges or something.

done that once was spanking the landlocks at smith park .....then reality set in as i went up 414 hill towards corning towing a 22 ft boat,that was a little hairy with the altitude change and increased snow accumulation

Thought the hairy part was your BACK !!!