Canadice Ice?

Nessmuk

I'd give it a bit more time because of the snow coverage. There are three guys out on Honeoye out from Trident Marine right now but I wouldn't be surprised if the fire department is called out to extract them.....it can be tree inches in one place and 1 inch in another a short distance away  and you'd never know it with the snow coverage...until it is too late. Think I'll stick to painting jigs for a couple days.... :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Yes, I don't go out on ice before the 1st of Jan to be sure.   Been watching the clowns on Braddock's and Long Pond when I take my dog for here morning run  :dull:

Actually, I was wondering if it has any ice or has some open water???    Wish there was a web cam on each of the Finger Lakes!   Long drive just to see what weather is!

Jack

Just got back from Canadice.   Very open with only a bit of ice at the south end.  Amazingly the ramp is plowed as was Hemlock.   That being said a 4wd would be required to get in and out.

Edited by freshwatermodels

Jack....sorry about that! I sent the wrong one it was for Conesus....now I can't find the Canadice one....I had one last year someplace....oh well :lol:

Used to be one but not on the lake itself...it was higher up the hill but you could see the conditions of the lake pretty good. Guess I don't have the URL on this computer...

• 3 weeks later...

I spudded out about 100 feet from the canoe launch on Sunday. Ice was about 2inches. Clear black like a window. Felt solid, but I am not brave enough for that little ice.

Obviously use your own best judgement but it could be safe after these next few days...

Edited by BRB23