I rig the same as Broke Off as well and sure put a lot of fish in the boat. The tackle thing will drive you crazy the rest of your life. I have thousands of dollars worth and every time I read something new I want to try it. My wife has to talk some sense to me about how many fish I am already putting in the boat per day. I think we will always be looking for that magic bullet. Find something that works well for you and stick with it until it no longer works well!

Sent from Day Break using my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to agree with the Spin Doctor crowd on this one, for pulling flies, anways!  All I ever used for flashers for years were 11" paddles with flies, until I started fishing Lake Ontario a couple of summers ago.  When I finally broke down and bought a couple of spin Doctors and threw them out on my divers, with flies, I couldn't believe how my catch rate increased.  They seemed to really out-fish paddles and flies for me, like 5 to one.  11" paddles work great with meat rigs, though, and I still use them for that.  It is a good idea to own a few of both, and draw your own conclusions. :yes: